Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Papaw, Women of Faith, Johnathan stories

This post will be in several different sections. It's a catch-up post since it's been over a week since I wrote anything!

Papaw: Say lots of prayers today for Papaw as he has surgery today! We're optimistic, of course. :) Plus this week is Mamaw and Papaw's 55th anniversary! Congrats!

Women of Faith: Last weekend, I went to the W of F conference in Dallas with Dad's wife, Maria, and my aunt and cousin, Karla and Alissa. The theme was "Contagious Joy," so it was very upbeat and refreshing! Something I needed after a relatively frustrating week last week. The speakers were wonderful, and I did walk away with a new sense of joy that can be found everyday!



S'mores: After lunch one day, I thought it would be fun to have Johnathan help me make S'mores in the microwave. We made about four of them and popped them in. They were so yummy ... but very sticky. That's one of those afterthoughts where I'm like, "Hmmm ... maybe this wasn't such a hot idea." :) However, we bothh enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!


"I need a na'kin, Mommy."


"Eeeeewwww!"


Hug, anyone?

The Negotiator: Yesterday afternoon, Johnathan came into the room and saw a tupperware container with chocolate chip cookies in it. J: "Mommy, I want some cookies!" K: "I think you know how to ask nicely." J: "Please more cookies?" K: "You may have one cookie." J: "5?!" K: "You may have one." And I gave him the cookie. 5 minutes later ... J: "5 cookies? One at a time? Give for Daddy?" ... good grief. :)

First Day of School: Can you believe it? I sent my 2-yr-old off to preschool! He's going to "Little People's School," which is at the church building. It's included in the "minister package." Hooray! He goes Mondays and Wednesday mornings. He was so excited to go! Here's a picture of him in his first-day-of-school outfit:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that little Johnathan is precious. I sent Joshua to preschool at 2 as well. I think you will really see the benefits of sending him once baby sister comes along. You will love having that time with just her (and to take a nap!). Glad you enjoyed the W.O.F. conference.

Sandi said...

Those are super cute pictures, Kim, and you look so pretty in the Women of Faith picture. I'm glad that you got to go. I can't decide who Johnathon looks like -- he sure is a tan little boy! I bet you will really enjoy having those mornings with your new little one!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, I just found your blog..thanks to Tiff. Johnathan is just about the cutest!!! I'll bet you are excited about Kalleigh. Is that pronounced Kay Lee or Callie? Loved you pics. I've never had the opportunity to go to WOF conference, but have heard that they are wonderful. Good luck over the next month and a half. Love, Aunt Kathy

Kim Hodges said...

Kalleigh is pronounced just like Callie, unless you're Johnathan, and then it's "Cow-lee." :)

Anonymous said...

I love the first day of school photo! What a grown up guy he has become!

The Sheets said...

Johnathan is adorable. And I'm seconding the opinion that you are beautiful in that picture. Man! You're very pregnant, and you light up that picture. (I wish I'd looked that good that pregnant. Stupid swelling.)

--Daisha