Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fabulous couple of days

Well, as you might have guessed, we have had a fabulous couple of days. The biggest reason is that it's been calm and we didn't have any big plans! As I've said before, Fridays are John's days off, so that morning I did my babysitting (I guess I haven't posted this before, but I'm keeping the 7 month old boy from across the street M-F in the morning through the school year) with John there to help with Johnathan. Then "Baby Nathan," as Johnathan calls him, went home and Johnathan went down for a nice long nap. After he woke up, the three of us went to the Discovery Science Place Museum downtown. It was our first time there, and Johnathan loved it! I loved it mostly because there were lots of places to sit down and it was air conditioned! Then we hit CiCi's Pizza for supper. Man, their cinnamon rolls are SO good. Don't tell my doctor. :) After supper we went to Home Depot and Wal-Mart for some little things we've needed for around the house.

Then this morning, we slept in! Of course, my definition of "sleeping in" has changed dramatically since becomming a mother. We slept in until 7:30! It was great. I made "Sunshine Cups" for breakfast, which is a crustless piece of toast that you press into a muffin tin and break open an egg inside and cook for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Honestly, not the most fabulous breakfast, but it was something different because I had time to make it!

John was the real story of the morning. He worked on the PowerPoint slides for Sunday morning, and when he finished with that, he went around the house just doing those maintenance-type things that need to be done from time to time. He added a length of chain to our back porch swing so that my feet would touch the ground, then put together Johnathan's little red wagon that Uncle Joe and Aunt Laura gave Johnathan, then he put in a light bulb in the light on the front porch, then he checked the filters to see what size/kind we needed when we replaced them. What a fabulous husband I have!

We grilled some hamburgers for lunch, and then Johnathan went down for another really good nap while I cleaned up the kitchen. We just chilled after that.

Then we had a wedding to sing at, and rehearsal was at 5:00. One of my friends had volunteered to keep Johnathan during the wedding. Hooray! They were going to go swimming in their pool after they ate supper. Johnathan LOVES the water, so that was perfect. When the wedding was over, I called over to my friend's to see what was going on, and they were still at the pool. Great! We had time to go eat a meal by ourselves! We ended up going to this Italian restaurant where one of our friends from church performs every weekend. When we got there, one of our other friends who had sung at the wedding asked us if we wanted to join him at his table. Sure! The food at Mario's is outstanding, and Danny (the performer) has this great 70's voice--Mom, you'd LOVE going there! We had a great time. Then our friend we were eating with paid for our meal! He said he had been wanting to take us out since we moved here, so this was perfect.

I'll say it was perfect! We had free babysitting, free entertainment and a free REALLY YUMMY meal! My one regret is that I didn't have my camera. John looked AWESOME in his khakis, white shirt and red tie, and I matched him with my red v-necked pretty maternity shirt and black gauchos. We looked good, and there was no way to prove it! You know those rare moments when you're really big and pregnant, but you feel good about how you look? Yeah, it was one of those nights. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. :)

So, even though we didn't have anything wonderful planned, we had a wonderful weekend!


Kristi Petrak said...

Kim, you're always beautiful, even with a side of maternity. ^_^ Glad you had fabulous days. ^_^ Can't post long--Stryker keeps pushing his face into the keys!!!!!

Mom said...

Seems like the best days are those you didn't plan or expect, but sort of happen serendipitously.