Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Many thanks, and a few complaints

Many thanks:

Papaw came through his surgery great! His doctor even bragged on him for how strong he was through the whole thing! They got in there and removed the bladder, lymph nodes and prostate, and they are just almost totally positive that they got ALL of the cancer! He's probably not even going to need any chemo or radiation!! Thanks to all who have been prayer warriors on his behalf. He is still in the hospital probably for the rest of this week recovering. Way to be so strong, Papaw! We knew you'd do great! LOVE YOU!!

Johnathan just loves school. He was actually sitting still on the mats when I went to pick him up! I know this is so good for him to be around lots of other children his age! He fell asleep on the way home, and we both continue to enjoy his long nap this afternoon. :)

Our car is fixed ... again ... but for real this time. Last week, our coolant started leaking, like all of it leaked out. We found that we had an "intake gasket leak" and that it would cost $890 to fix it. Now we've only had this (our second) car for around a month, so we called the dealership, where we bought the car, to see if they would do anything about it. He told us to take it to another place to get fixed, and the quote went down to $520. Plus the dealership said that they would pay half! Hooray! So, we had it fixed ... sort of. Two days later, the coolant was gone. They towed it back and found that something wasn't sealed right, so they did that for free. Hooray! We're back up to two cars! That comes in really handy when we're 10 min outside of town.

I had a really nice baby shower that Glenwood gave me on Sunday afternoon. We had a big turnout! Now it looks like we're actually going to have a GIRL in that nursery! Wow. Lots of pink. I used to not like pink all that much. It's growing on me significantly! Kalleigh continues to grow, and so do I. I had a couple of nice comments regarding how I looked in that Women of Faith picture--what you can't see is the other half of me behind my cousin!! Thanks, Alissa! John went with me to my appointment yesterday, and got to hear her heartbeat for the first time. Isn't it so cool?! I start my weekly appointments next week, since I'll hit the 35 week mark tomorrow. It's flown!

I can't believe Kreg leaves for HUF on Monday!! We had such a fun time together last weekend, as short as it was. If he hadn't come down, I wouldn't have been able to see him before he left! Way to go, Kreg. You're turning 20 on the day my baby girl is supposed to be born. Thanks for being such a good uncle!

... and a few complaints:

Mostly about pregnant issues. Like, I have been feeling just super until yesterday. And it all hit at once. My back was killing me, my feet swelled up and my ankle just started hurting when I walk for no good reason. What's up with that? It's like my body had been asleep during this pregnancy and forgot to give me all the aches and pains ... until yesterday! John was so sweet, though. Last night, he rubbed my back and my ankle, which helped. At least I'm still sleeping really well, and only having one bathroom run per night. Of course, now that I've said that, I've alerted my body to this fact, and it will fall apart tomorrow!

Weight. Man. It's so hard when everyone around you is saying, "It's okay! You're eating for two!" when I really can't eat sugar or too many carbs or I will gain 5 pounds in two weeks, like I proved at my last appointment; when I can't excercise how I want because of my huge belly; and when I can't eat whatever I want when it all tastes SO much better when I'm pregnant! If I gain 5 more pounds, I will be at my top weight that I was with Johnathan. I said I'd never get that big agian. It took 18 months to get it back off! And then I got pregnant again! Okay, so instead of saying, "Oh, it's okay! You're pregnant!" I'd much prefer everyone to say, "Hey. Listen up. This is not about you--it's about Kalleigh! You want a healthy, not humongous, baby! Just stick it out 5 more weeks. Then you can nurse, and it will all go away." I would be so proud of myself if I could possibly gain less than five pounds before she is born. Is that even possible? Maybe they'll induce early ... :)

Why buy things for people for which they did not register, assuming they registered? I don't get it. Making things for people? Sure, that's awesome. You can't register for that kind of thing, and it's really special. But taking the time to go to a store at which you are registered, buying something not on your registry (even though you have all prices available) and including the gift receipt? I actually had a lady come up and say to me, "I went to Target, but didn't pull up your registry. I just got you something, so you can take it back if you want to." For real! I just don't get it. Good greif, I shouldn't complain about that. They didn't have to get me anything! Ok, refocusing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're pregnant!...But you know that!
You're blessed beyond measure!... But you know that!
Enjoy your pregnant blessings... extra pounds and all.
Love, Aunt Kathy

Sandi said...

You make me laugh, Kim. I don't know why people do that with the registries...was it an older lady? Sometimes I wonder if we younger folks are really into registries while the older women might still somehow feel like it's a little presumptious to have them...what I don't get is how people will buy multiples of the same thing when if they looked closely at the registry, it's already been bought! I got three of the same item! It turned out fine because I took them back and got other things...

You can do it, Kim -- with the weight gain, I mean -- it's only 5 more weeks -- just don't beat yourself up if you gain more than 5 pounds before she's born. I STARTED this pregnancy at the weight that I ended at with Caden! If you were able to lose the weight with Johnathon, you'll be able to lose this weight, too -- don't worry!

Tiffany Rose said...

I agree with mom! :) and I TOTALLY understand with the registry thing! I mean if I really wanted Green and Pink polka dotted kitchen towles I would've registered for them!!! (I didn't get those by the way) We do spend hrs. upon hrs. creating the registeries for a reason! :) We got THREE waffle makers... and the registery list actually SHOWED THREE of them... hummm... oh, well. We got some good gift cards after taking it back! :) Can't wait to see that little baby! Love you

Elizabeth said...

You are cracking me up!

I don't put too much stock in registries. They are overrated and, as you pointed out, don't work very well. Doesn't it feel weird asking for certain things anyway?! I mean, it is a GIFT from someone....they are entitled to get what they want. Maybe I'm just being defensive....I'm the guilty one who doesn't take the time for baby registries. My experience tells me I can't go wrong with a 6-9 month sleeper as a gift. A Mom never gets enough of the bigger sizes! And, frankly, I like to look for sales! Can't find those on a registry!

Kristi Petrak said...

Kim, for as long as I've known you, you have not complained--if so, rarely. You're allowed to complain a little now. You're carrying a baby around with you everywhere and have no way of putting it down! Just have as much fun as possible for this next month. Love you!
K ^_^

Jina Hinson said...

Hey niece-girlfriend!

I found your blog while checking out Kristi's blog--so fun! You have always had a great sense of humor, and it especially comes out in your writing. Keep it up!

The pictures and anecdotes about Johnathan are great--reminds me of when I had little children. Oh, I sound too old...

I will be praying for your Papaw. God's timing is so perfect--though we often do not understand His ways. Continue to trust Him! Therein lies His peace.

Love you,
Aunt Jina

The Sheets said...

Preach it about the registry stuff.

-Daisha