Monday, September 18, 2006

Stress tests

Last week at my appointment, Kalleigh's heartrate was in the 190's, which had us a little concerned. So, we did a stress test to make sure it came back down. It did, of course, so everything was fine. She was just doing some gymnastics inside, I guess!

So this week, her heartrate was in the lower 130's. Good grief, child--what's going on? So, my doctor wanted to do ANOTHER stress test to make sure it would come back up soon. Of course, it did, like right when they started the test.

It's nice to be reassured, but it's getting sort of pricy paying for these each week. I'm glad that we have ways to tell if the baby inside is doing okay, so I'm sure it's worth it ... just a minor annoyance, I suppose.

I'm a "loose 1 cm," according to Doc Harris, and 50% effaced. It could be any day now! ... yeah right--we all know better than that. :)

John's in Abilene at Lectureship through Wednesday. We really miss him when he's gone! Honey, if you read this tonight, know that I love you and miss you!

Johnathan and I are having Ground Beef Oriental tonight. (I love that recipe, Aunt Kathy!) Just 10 more minutes and it's done ... and I'm STARVING!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're getting closer to holding Kalleigh in your arms!!! I need to pack my bag so I will be ready to drop everything and hit the road!

By the way - would you email me directions to the hospital? That might be helpful

Tiffany Rose said...

I LOVE Oriental Ground Beef (btw it IS written incorrectly in "the book"). It is my FAVORITE meal. Mom used to make us hot tea to go with it and we'd drink it out of these little chinese tea cups! my two complaints about it.. 1. i NEVER have all the ingredients on hand, and 2. it takes SO LONG TO COOK!!! mmmmm... I think I'll put that on our menu for next month!

Anonymous said...

M-m-m-m Oriental Ground Beef. It's been a while since I made it. I'm with you, Tiff. Believe I'll put that on the menu for the near future.

Sandi said...

There is some "book" of recipes from the Curtis clan??? How does a non-Curtis get hold of such a treasure?? (I'm serious)

I'm glad that Kalleigh is doing well. I had to have the ultrasounds and stress tests every week -- at first it was a little overwhelming but by the end it was kinda fun. I think our insurance covered it, but maybe because I was labeled high-risk? Do you have to pay for these in full? Ugh! Sorry!

Kim Hodges said...

Tiff: I never have the ingredients on hand either. It's only when I actually plan ahead that we get to eat it! Having said that, I make it exactly how "the book" says to, except I only use 1 onion. What's the right way? And yes, when I put it all together and stuck in the oven, it was only then I re-read the directions to find that I had to uncover it and cook it ANOTHER 30 minutes!

Sandi: Yes, we have an official Curtis Cookbook called, "Celebrating the Curtis Kitchen" that Mom helped put together back in 1999. There has been some discussion of coming out with a second edition, though nothing is in progress toward this end. This is the cookbook with which I basically sustain our family! I'll cook on occasion from another book, like Betty Crocker, but for the most part, our meals come from the CCK!

I think an "outsider" ;) could get her hands on one if she consulted my Mom. I'm not sure we have any extra, though.

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Oriental Ground Beef is one of our favorites too. (Who would have thought you would have gotten this much response to a recipe! You're having a baby for crying out loud!):) How exciting about litle Kalleigh! Can't wait to see the pictures that will be gracing the Hodges Happenings Blog Site. Love, Aunt Kathy