Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Common sense? Yeah right ...

You'd think that if I asked Johnathan to put something in the trash, he's put ALL of it in the trash. That would just be common sense. Here's the scene:

Johnathan came into our room holding a cassette tape that he had pulled all of the tape out of. Honestly, not a big loss, because we hadn't ever listened to that particuar tape and probably wouldn't. "Uh-oh, Mommy!"

"Well, it's ruined now. Please go throw it in the trash can."

He left, and a little while later, I went into the kitchen to find this:



If you can't tell what's going on here, the cassette part is in the trash, and the tape part is hanging out of the trash can and strewn all over the floor!

Two-year-olds have no common sense.

Yesterday when I picked up Johnathan from school, I looked in the classroom, and all of the children were sitting nicely on the mats ... except for Johnthan and another little boy, Jackson. They were jumping up and down around in circles. Ms. Sheri was getting on to them. Ms. Heather (his class has two teachers) met me at the door, and said how fun it is to teach Johnathan; that he is always saying something funny. She had asked him earlier if his mommy had a baby in her tummy. Johnathan answered, "No, a Kalleigh."

How did John and I end up with a class clown? We who were both so afraid of getting in trouble that we were NEVER sent to the principal's office EVER! We two introverts have this wild child that apparently keeps his teachers in stitches and on their toes. Doesn't God have a sense of humor?

Here's our little clown:



Oh! And I got Kalleigh's name up on her wall! I used wooden letters and a foam butterfly from Wal-Mart and covered them with Daisy D's baby girl paper. It was fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

On, Kim -- now you're scrapbookin' on the wall! How cute! Love Kalleigh's name on the wall. And the stories of Johnathan - also very cute! I'll advise you as I have my girls -- please write these things down where you won't lose them. After you have more than one child, you start forgetting some of these cute stories.

The Sheets said...

Her name looks great on the wall! Way to go.

And a quick question... Does Johnathan ever wear clothes? :) He's such a cutie (looks and personality). I'd love to meet him sometime when we both head back to Searcy.

Daisha

Kim Hodges said...

Daisha: HA! He wears clothes when we leave the house or when we have company. It's just been so hot, it's hard for me to justify wrapping him up in clothing when's he's 2! Plus, we've outgrown all his baby shower clothes, so we don't have to please anyone by telling them what day he wore their outfit. ;)

Yes! We need to get our kiddos together!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly! I love the way Kalleigh's name turned out! I can hardly wait to see it (and Kalleigh) in person in a couple of weeks!

Johnathan is so sweet!

Tiffany Rose said...

You are so creative! I love it! :) And it is pretty funny that Johnathan has the personality that you describe! What a cutie he is!!! I can't wait to meet him someday.

Kristi Petrak said...

Kim, I agree with Daisha. Johnathan never wears clothes anymore. That's okay. He's so baby cute!!! Can't wait to see him in a coupla weeks. ^_^

Kristi Petrak said...

oh, and meant to say something about the wall--LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Kim, what can I say? You are soooo talented! And, little Johnathan is super cute!

Tiffany Rose said...

i just noticed... we have the same trash can... good taste!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the no-clothes look. I wished I had let Joshua do that more, since he was little when we were in hot, steamy Texas. I think Caleb would still just rather wear underwear (or nothing) all day, but I spare the neighbors embarassment by clothing him before he goes out!

Anonymous said...

Kim, the letters are beautiful. How very sweet. I know you are ready for the real "Kalleigh" to show up. Your little Johnathan is too cute for words too. Clothes or no clothes!

Anonymous said...

I miss u guys sooooooo much! The baby is coming soon and I am so sad that I have to miss it. She is going to be just as adorable as Johnathan. Which by the way stop feeding that boy, he has gotten so big. I can't wait to see you. I love you.
Sara Geiger