Monday, July 02, 2007

The living room project

For the past week and a half, the kids and I have been at Mom's helping her redo her living room. It was a big project that included stripping wall paper, ripping up carpet and trying our hand at covering panelling with Venetian plaster, but I think it turned out great! I didn't get very good before pics, but most of you know what her living room looked like if you had been in her house any time in the last 17 years. :) Here are a few before and afters:

This starts on the left wall as you walk in the living room, and I'll work around clockwise.


Johnathan LOVED painting.






We had a lot to do ... and we were a little overwhelmed!


We filled that collage with recent black and white family photos!


We painted all the trim and doors white, and it really brighted things up!


We cleaned and rearranged all the shelves.


Look! New curtains! New carpet! Recovered chairs!




One more view.

We had a really fun time putting it all together!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I heard about all your hard work! It looks sooo great!

Stephanie said...

Ditto! Great improvement! Now, can you come to Chattanooga and paint my paneled walls that I keep putting off doing? :)

Kristi Petrak said...

Whee-hoo!! That looks awesome!! Good job on the den. ^_^

Sandi said...

It looks great! When are you coming to Columbia?

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW!!! I love it! I can't wait to see it. That paint/plaster thingy really brightened up that room. You all did such a great job.

Tiffany Rose said...

I'm in the process of doing this to my bathroom right now... except I have to take down wall paper too... yuck! it looks great guys! :)