Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Normal

I loved Kristi's post about her normal, and I thought I'd give it a try. I'll opt for the list version. Left-brained, perhaps? Uh, yeah.

Changing diapers
Being in a hurry
Church
Ladies' Bible Class
Rehearsals galore
Finding childcare
Changing diapers
Nursing
Waking up at 4, then 7
Soccer practice
Blogging
Facebooking
Stepping on toys
Picking up toys
Changing diapers (did I say that already?)
Laundry
Running, when convenient
Singing gigs
Driving
Scrapping
Cooking (occasionally)
Laughing at funny kids sayings

I guess that's it in a nutshell. I'd love to see your normal, too!

Oh, here's the funny kid saying of the day:
Johnathan, playing the Wii game, Batman: "Mom! I need to buy this character, Bunny Girl!"
Me, half listening: "Uh-huh."
Johnathan: "Do you see her, Mom? It's Bunny Girl."
Me, still not even realizing he's talking: "Uh-huh."
Johnathan: "Mom! You gotta come see Bunny Girl. I need to buy her!"
Me, realizing that he's talking to me, and finally looking at the screen: "Ha, ha, ha! Oh, Johnathan, that's Catwoman!"
Johnathan: "Yeah, Catwoman!"

7 comments:

Kristi Petrak said...

Awesome. That's so awesome. ^_^ Love your normal. Sounds like a great life. I'm glad you're happy! ^_^ Love you!

Anonymous said...

Your "normal" sounds very busy, full, and satisfying!

I love "bunnywoman," but if he says that on the playground it will come back to haunt him. Way to help him out, mom!

Deborah said...

Love this. I love how Elizabeth started it all and it has turned into another "chain" or "tag" of sorts. I'll have to think on this one...my normal seems so abnormal every day that I don't quite know what I'd write!

Anonymous said...

Fun to peek into your life right now. I remember when my "normal" looked almost like that. That was fun then, but glad I have a different normal now. :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Cute idea;) I copied you! I'm too tired for originality.

Anonymous said...

Reading your "normal" made me tired! :) LOVE the "Bunny Girl" story! :)

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

What an awesome "normal"! It seems hard & busy now, but I know when our kids are grown up & gone, we'll miss all that "fun"!