Thursday, September 18, 2008

I out-shuffled my dog.

No, really.

When I run (and I use that word in the loosest way possible) in the mornings, I always take my dog, Bison off-leash. He always stays right with me, with the exception of an occasional pee here and there. Bison, not me. Belle stays at home because she does not stay with me at all and I don't want to take her on a leash. Besides, she has hip dysplasia and can't go that far anyway.

This morning, Bison and I started out on our regular route. Our neighborhood has three parallel streets and two that connect them on each end. A figure eight plus one big loop is 2.1 miles. Well, less that a quarter of a mile into our route, we saw some friends. I guess Bison decided that he didn't feel like running this morning, because he went right over to them and sat down. I figured that he would catch up when he felt like it, but I kept getting further away and Bison wasn't going anywhere!

I finished the figure eight I had started and went back by our friend's house on the last big loop, and there was Bison. Our friends had left, but Bison was just sitting in their driveway. I guess he figured I'd be passing by again and he just thought he'd sit out for that figure eight. He rejoined me and we finished the big loop.

Crazy dog? Smart dog? You make the call!

Poor tired dog!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Pugs! Don't they just crack you up? I can be so mad at them sometimes, but then they just look at me with that face and tilt their head and I can't help but laugh! I think Bison is brilliant! Lol!

Rachel said...

Smart dog! I'm so excited you're coming to visit--can't wait to meet Jonas!

Anonymous said...

Definitely smart! -- but way to go on the 2.1!

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

You go, girl! Isn't running refreshing?! And good job to Bison. Apache would have been in Denver before I returned:)