Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Smother's Day!

That's what I woke up to this morning. Johnathan's sweet voice with his special words would've been all I needed to have a great Mother's Day! John got up with the kids even earlier than usual on our usually early Sunday mornings and brought me breakfast in bed. Then they all sat around me and watched me eat. :) Johnathan pointed to the grapes on my plate and said, "I like grapes!" I said, "Do you want to help me with them?" "Sure!" he said, and picked one up and put it in my mouth!

After church, we went to Texas Roadhouse (one of my favorites) for a yummy steak dinner. They handed out carnations to all the moms there today, too!

The kids fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep when we put them down for their naps ... always a good thing.

So, I packed up my saddle and tack and went for a ride! Gallant did very well today. It was my first time to ride him alone out in the field since he threw me almost a year ago. I've been working with him in a round pen and had taken him out with another horse, but not by himself until today. We walked a lot, trotted some and ran a little. That's my favorite part. :) He turns 5 on Tuesday, so he's still pretty young. For no more training than he's had, he's a great little horse, and I love him!

It's been a great Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh my, how precious! I love the "grape" story.

Your mom looks so gorgeous in that picture on your previous post. What a beautiful lady--inside and out! I know you must be proud to have a mom like her.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Smother's Day! It was great to talk to you by phone! I think God has an extra blessing for minister's wives who share mother's day with the rest of the congregation. It sounds like John made sure it was a special day for you!

Anonymous said...

OOOH, Happy Mother's day to you and all the beautiful neices! You are all such great mothers. Your Aunt Kathy thinks you are all wonderful.