Sunday, August 23, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Kalleigh and I painted our fingernails and toenails yesterday. We took two pictures and I couldn't decide which I liked best. The first shows the main idea of the post--just the fingernails and toenails. But I couldn't help but love Kalleigh's little face and her sunglasses from Aunt Laurie in the second picture!



We've made big steps in potty training the past few days. Right now we're coming up on her being dry for 48 hours. That doesn't seem like a lot, but for us, it's huge!

She's going to be in the Purple Room at Little People's School starting tomorrow! This is actually the younger 3's class, so she'll be one of the very youngest, as she won't turn 3 until the beginning of October. But Mrs. Carys, her teacher from last year, said she's definitely ready for their curriculum. I'm also thrilled that she'll go MWF rather than just MW like last year!

Mrs. Melissa is the teacher in the Purple Room. Johnathan had her when he was 3 and just loved it! And all last year, Melissa would say to me, "You're going to put Kalleigh in my class next year, right? I want her in my class!" The catch was that in order to go in the Purple Room, the children had to be potty trained.

So I had Kalleigh signed up for the Red Room, the older 2's. Well, at "Meet the Teacher" this past Friday, we visited the Red Room, and then I walked over to the Purple Room to say 'hi' to Melissa. She said, "I have room for one more on MWF!" I then told her frankly where we were on the potty training issue, and Melissa said to bring her on anyway! I really think that seeing all of her other friends going potty frequently at school will help her a ton. And like I said, we're nearly two straight days dry and in panties! Go girl!

4 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

I love these pictures. That Kalleigh is such a "girly-girl." Congrats on the potty training progress. And you are right -- the example from the other kids, plus frequent reminders and a potty schedule, will really help her along the way.

Rachel said...

The picture is adorable--what a big girl! Wow, another whole day with only one kid at home... whatever will you do with yourself?? ;)

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Kalleigh!!!

Carol J said...

Great pictures! Yea, Kalleigh!