Saturday, August 02, 2008

A bit of nesting

I'm totally in "accomplish mode" these days. This timing seems to be about right, if I remember correctly. While pregnant with Johnathan my poor husband and I painted three rooms in one weekend, including his "all-out" Peter Rabbit nursery. With Kalleigh it was baking. From about 37 weeks until the day I went into labor I couldn't stop baking pies.

This weekend I made 2 framed quotes for Ladies Bible Class (which begins the Tuesday after my due date), boxed, labeled and had John put away Johnathan's and Kalleigh's clothes that they had outgrown, wrote thank you cards for the first round of my "bassinet shower" from church, created a design that has the names of God on it that will go on a 4 x 4 tile to give to all the Ladies Bible Class leaders in a couple of weeks, organized my scrap stuff and got it all put away, hung an iron decoration in our bathroom, cleaned out the wax that was in our garden tub from when a candle exploded nearby, cleaned the rest of the bathroom (no easy feat), put Jonas's car seat in the van and moved the other car seats around as needed, purged the kids' toys and got the ones that "made the cut" reorganized, gave myself a French manicure, and then just did some general picking up around the house. I intend to sleep well tonight. We'll see how that goes!

These are the framed quotes I made. I was pleased with how they turned out! The smaller quote says, "I've been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln. These quotes will sit at our service project table and our prayer reqest table.

I had made a fresh cherry cobbler earlier this week, but I learned the hard way that it needed to be refrigerated. *sniff* What's wrong with my brain? I should've known that.

Next week is VBS, so that should be fun. No, I'm not in charge of anything! And Tuesday is our 8 year anniversary. Crazy!

Needless to say, it's a good day, and I'm feeling well. I'm grateful for days like this!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you got so much accomplished! Sounds like it won't be long til you are welcoming Jonas into your sweet family!!!

The quotes turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go! I hope you can rest tonight!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I am tired just reading all you got accomplished!!! Sounds like you got more done in one day than I got done in a solid weekend of almost non-stop moving houses! :) Congrats on getting so much done! The framed quotes are awesome! Now sit back & relax! :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday, Jonas Dean!