Thursday, November 29, 2007

Holiday Tag!

Welcome to the Holiday edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love the idea of wrapping paper, but the practicality of gift bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? Pre-lit, 9-ft, artificial--when buying our home (March '06), one of my main priorities was finding a perfect spot for the tree!

3. When do you put up the tree? Preferably, the day after Thanksgiving, but if we can't for some reason, then I'll get it up as soon as I can after that.

4. When do you take the tree down? Hmmm ... last year, I think it saw the beginning of February

5. Do you like eggnog? never had it

6. What about Fruitcake? never had it either

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My Little Pony Castle

8. Do you have a nativity scene? no

9. Hardest person to buy for? John's siblings

10. Easiest person to buy for? my kids

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? "The Figgies" ;)

12. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail -- I may use Snapfish this year

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a toss up between Elf and Claymation Christmas

14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually mid-December, but I'm proud to say that I already have a couple for this year!

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? who hasn't?

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chocolate roll, apricot fried pies, custard, custard pie, cheese rolls, ChexMix ... no wonder I gain weight over the holidays!

17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, hands down.

18. Favorite Christmas song? Maybe Chestnuts, but I heard this song on the Special XMas station last year that was to the tune of Feliz Navidad, but the words were, "Police stopped my car." I'm still cracking up over that one.

19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? usually travel, though we've had a few at home as well

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? of course

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Cross

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends on which tribe: Curtis, Christmas Eve; Kell and Hodges, morning

23. What is the one present you want most this year? brown boots (and I think Mom's getting them for me!!)

24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? This is bad, but the bell ringers who stand right in front of the Wal-Mart doors so that you actually have to walk around them to enter

25. What I love most about Christmas? watching my kids receive as well as learning to give

This was so fun! I just stole it right off of Aunt Britney's blog. I won't tag anyone, but anyone can copy and paste like I did!

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Cute post! I may do this after I've let my slide-show hang out for a while on my blog.

Pat and I LOVE Elf!! Last year at Christmas time, every time we answered our cell phones (and knew it is each other), we would say, "Buddy Elf, what's your favorite color?" That seems to be funny, no matter how many times we say it!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the idea! I needed something pleasant to post about. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Act surprised when you pick out your brown boots!