Friday, November 09, 2007

Encouraging words

I'm getting tired. Anxiety begins to creep up. Discouragement knocks on my door. And then a breath of fresh air. Renewed strength.

Where did that come from? I ask as I look around ... and then up.

Of course. My help comes from the Lord! The one who made everything!

He's not going to let me trip. His love protects me through the night--he doesn't need sleep. He protects me as well as all of his blessed children.

When judging eyes seem to burn a hole right through my heart, God holds up his hand and deflects those rays (the ultra-violent ones) and keeps me from getting sunburned.

He's going to protect my soul and keep it safe my whole life. He'll be with me everywhere I go.

Now and forever!

Adapted from Psalm 121

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Did you post this on your blog for ME today? I was certainly in need of those refreshing words. Thank you for your honesty and transparency.

Anonymous said...

Very nice and contemporary version! Would that be the KJHV of Psalm 121?

XO, Mom

Anonymous said...

I like your KJHV of this Psalm. I'm gonna use it in a class sometime..... that is, if you don't mind! :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Well written!
Thanks for being real. It's funny how we have so many of the same struggles as Christian women. Thanks for sharing.

Kristi Petrak said...

Cool, Kim, really cool! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words, very fitting version. Discouragement is such a tool of Satan, and once it makes its way into our lives, it is so difficult to banish. It feeds on itself. At that time we have to say, "In Jesus' name, I claim the gifts of love, joy, peace, and contentment that You have promised. Thank you for your Spirit!"