Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just Life

These couple of weeks have been pretty left-brained for me in my approach to them. Therefore I will update you on my life since the beginning of February in bullet point form.

Thursday, 1st:
  • Got my teeth cleaned and fixed for free! Our dentist is a Glenwood member and "takes care" of the ministers and their families. What a blessing!
Friday, 2nd:
  • Finished off the last of the Arkansas molasses. I need more, Mom!
  • Sang at an Italian restaurant with a live band.
Saturday, 3rd:
  • Entered a scrapbook layout in a contest at our local scrapbook store (lss).
  • Drove to Hawkins, TX to spend the evening with the ladies from Richardson East C of C at their retreat where Aunt Karla spoke and Aunt Jina led worship--fabulous!
Sunday, 4th:

  • Sang with the praise team at our potluck to help kick off the new ministry system
  • Tried out a crock-pot cake recipe that was so bad I had to throw the entire thing away
  • Bought desserts at Wal-Mart for our Superbowl party

Monday, 5th:

  • Tried to stay away to watch Prison Break, 24 and Heroes, but only made it through the first two.

Tuesday, 6th:

  • Rehearsed with our group of six who is performing for a couple of Valentine's banquets. Our songs are about 3/4 tight vocal jazz (think Manhattan Transfer or King Singers) and 1/4 contemporary love songs. It's going to be awesome!!
  • Caught up on Heroes.
Wednesday,7th:
  • Overslept and nearly didn't wake up in time to be dressed before Nathan (the little boy I watch in the mornings) came over! We learned later that the alarm WAS set, but the day before, Johnathan had turned the volume all the way down. Clever.
  • Taught middle school girls at church as I am a new "lifeguard" for the teens. We have a sweet bunch, and I look forward to spending that time with them each week.
  • Was surprised to see the guy who was my first kiss, whom I hadn't seen in years. Turns out he lives in Atlanta and has already been divorced. So strange! He is good friends with our youth minister--small world!
  • Watched LOST. My TV world is complete.
Today, 8th:
  • Finished making Valentine cards for Johnathan's class for next week. I'll scan one in so you can see.


  • Plan to finish up here and get ready for the first Valentine's banquet at which we're singing tonight!
  • We will then go to Mario's (same Italian restaurant from Feb. 1st) and perform some more!
And some pictures from the last few days:


Best buds.


How dare that toy? Gettin' all up in her face like that!




I think I'm going to start a new Facebook group called, "Dublin Dr. Pepper--It Really Is Better."

Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Kristi Petrak said...

was that Ryan Chamblee? Couldn't remember for sure. Well, glad you've had a fun and productive week! Love you.

Amanda said...

I love Prison break too! It is my favorite show.

Kalleigh is getting so big!

Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a left-brained approach, but a lot of right-brained things on your bullet list! -- you're just so balanced!

I am finally reading "A Whole New Mind" by Daniel Pink -- talks about the value of creativity (right-brain) in the work place.

Love the pictures. I am READY to see you all!

Tiffany Rose said...

I love your Vday cards!! Did you think of that all on your own... and when in the WORLD do you find time to do that when you sound so busy during your days! :) Amazing! :)

Deborah said...

My, my, my, you are a multi-tasker, aren't you? Where exactly did you get that from...hee hee, as if I didn't know!

Good to see you blogging again.

Anonymous said...

You are a busy gal, aren't you. Kalleigh is growing and looking more like Johnathan (I think). Hope you come home soon. I'll cook you a "squirrel dinner" if you want. Love you,
Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Lots of exciting events. It sounds like an exciting time for you. Catching up with is old boyfriends is interesting. "Thank God for Unanswered Prayers."