Friday, July 24, 2009

Long-Lost Friend (Runner's Madness)

Dear Rose Rudman Trail,

Sorry it's been so long. We used to spend every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00 am together, but since the kids have been out of school, my daily routine just hasn't allowed that. However, I'm so grateful for the time we got to spend together this morning. I really enjoyed it.

I'm jealous of your daily view of the sunrise! It was gorgeous today, and I'm glad we got to share that moment!

I noticed that several of your regulars greeted each other as they crossed paths. I used to be one of those, but sort of felt like the outsider today. Nonetheless, they're your friends, so your friends are my friends and so with much effort I said, "Good morning!" with a smile.

On that note, thanks for having so many friends. They made the run go by faster, as I enjoy people watching. Also, with so much traffic, the critters stay away from you. This was very nice, as it's been a long time since I went on a run and didn't see any roadkill or live critters.

Sorry that the guys who made you didn't account for the possible mud that would collect in the low spots, especially under the bridges. It made me want to just wash you down with a power hose so that you'd be nice and clean like when they first made you.

Your trees were especially welcoming this morning. Most arched over you to make a leafy green canopy under which I ran. This shielded me from the sun, which had long since risen.

So, thanks for a great morning. Hopefully I'll come visit more often. Don't forget about me!

Sincerely,

Kim, the occasional runner

No comments: