Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Addition

We did it. Two weeks to the day after Belle died we found a new buddy for Bison. Bison has been so happy today! Much closer to normal than he had been!

In keeping with our Harding "B" names, meet Benson!


I found him on Craigslist, of all places! His previous onwner said she needed to find a new home for him because she was having to go back to work and didn't feel it was right to keep a puppy cooped up in a crate all day without a playmate. They also have an older cat who is her husband's baby, and since they had had the puppy, the cat had gone from 12 - 8 pounds and never came out. So the pup had to go. She said in her ad that she really preferred that he go to a home that was familiar with the pug breed. That would be us!

He's a 10-month-old fawn pug, AKC registered with a 4-generation pedigree documented, house-trained, microchipped, current on all vet visits/shots, etc., very clean, great with all three kids, hilarious and absolutely beautiful! Well, for a pug!

And she just GAVE him to me. I couldn't believe it. Her ad said that she wanted a small re-homing fee, but when Bison and I came over to meet the puppy, she said that she could see how happy he would be to have a playmate and that she didn't need anything but the reassurance that he would be well-loved. No problem!

I'm not sure where Kalleigh got this, but she is convinced that we got her her "very own puppy," in her words. I can't count the number of times she has said, "I love Benson, Mommy!" today. The "very own puppy" phrase came when she told John that she was so happy to have her "very own puppy!" And Benson has played along beautifully. He just follows her around and lets her love on him.

We hope Benson is a part of our family for a really long time!

4 comments:

Kristi Petrak said...

congrats on the new addition! What a cutie. ^_^ I'm glad that Bison and Kalleigh have a new playmate! ^_^

Rachel said...

I'm so glad Kalleigh finally got her very own puppy. :) Sounds like it all worked out perfectly, and I love the name!

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Awww:) That makes me happy:)

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your family's new addition. Welcome, Benson!