Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Events the past two weeks, Part 1: Birthday

I don't know about you, but when a lot of exciting things happen all at once and I don't have time to blog about them, I tend to put if off and then do it all at once. So, here's part one of three of my last two weeks.

My birthday was fabulous. John made pancakes from scratch (not even Bisquick!) for breakfast. He made a giant pancake for me and put a candle in the center. When I finally crawled out of bed and stumbled into the kitchen, there was a Bed, Bath, & Beyond gift bag on the table. In it was a giant bath towel (that I had asked for!) as well as a super sweet card. Two points for John!

Then I was off to get a pedicure! These are especially nice these days since I can no longer do it myself.

After lunch, we took the kids to see Wall-E, which was cute! Johnathan loved it and did great. Kalleigh did great for about an hour, and John spent the rest of the movie letting Kalleigh run around in the entrance to the theater. She escaped to the very front only once, shrieking with glee at her victory. :)

We took the kids home and then I ran to get my hair trimmed, probably the last trim before Jonas arrives. I LOVE letting someone else fix my hair!

We dropped the kids off with our wonderful friends', the Deans, and we hit another movie! This time we saw Hancock, the superhero movie with Will Smith. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but it turned out to be really good!

Then John took me to one of the nicest restaurants in Smith County, Kiepersol! Neither of us had been there before, but people had raved about it. I had the filet mignon, which just melted in my mouth. I had ordered a spinach salad, but since they forgot to bring it out, they gave us a free desssert--their famous chocolate cake. It was served with vanilla ice cream and the middle of the cake gushed with chocolate. Oh my.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband and beautiful children for making the day so memorable!

Update 7-16: This is the cake that our friend Danny (tenor in Clearly Vocal) got for Stefanie (soprano in Clearly Vocal) and me since our birthdays are just a couple of days apart. He said he got a good deal on the cake since "Bill" never showed up to pick up his cake. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a fun birthday. Sounds like a day of pampering too. Love it. Happy birthday!

Stephanie said...

Wow! You were really pampered for your birthday....but you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! It sure was fun to have you here for a few days!

Rachel said...

That all sounds glorious. Pedicure, hair cut, and chocolate cake.... ahhh.... :)

Kristi Petrak said...

What a great birthday! That filet mignon sounds exquisite. Mmmm ^_^ Glad you had fun. Oh, and as far as Kalleigh running up to the front of the theater, do you think that she'll follow in your "footsteps" as a track star? ^_^

Anonymous said...

funny cake story!

Anonymous said...

Comment after the 7/16 update -- Oh, that is hysterical about the cake. Bet it tasted just as good even if "Bill's" name was on it. :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

What a great day! Happy Belated Birthday:)

Anonymous said...

Good post.