Sunday, July 27, 2008

Austin

John went to the National Worship Leaders Conference in Austin this past week and the kids and I got to go just for fun! One of the biggest reasons for John going was to meet with the VP of CCLI to discuss some copyright issues regarding the reformatting and displaying of notes on a screen in a worship service setting. The meeting went better than we could've imagined and was worth the whole trip!

Meanwhile, the kids and I did whatever we wanted. We swam in the hotel pool, went to the Austin Children's Museum, watched the famous thousands of Austin bats make their nightly departure from under the Congress bridge, walked all over downtown, and of course got some good shopping in as well! It was so nice to be able to spend that time with Johnathan and Kalleigh before Jonas arrives with no "to-do" list weighing me down as it would have had we stayed home. I actually just got to enjoy my children for a while! They're really sweet kids!

On Tuesday evening we ate dinner with my aunt and uncle, Shawn and Britney, and their two beautiful little girls. Addie and Kalleigh especially had fun playing together. We ate some yummy steak and enjoyed catching up with them.

We're really home now until Jonas is born. I was so sad to miss our Curtis family reunion that was this weekend in Searcy, but since I'm officially 36 weeks (and 2 days, but who's counting?), I'm really not supposed to travel more than an hour away from home. Thanks to those who have continued to pray for my Papaw. I talked to Mom on Friday who said that he's doing pretty well and planned on being there for part of the reunion! Yea! I'm eager to read my cousins' blogs about how everything went and hopefully see some good pictures! (Hint, hint, Deb, Liz, Tiff & Rach!)

Now life is all about waiting for Jonas ... tick, tick, tick, tick ....

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a great weekend and that John's mtg went well!

Can't wait to see pictures of the new precious Jonas!!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had that time with your kids. We definitely missed you at the reunion! I was there for part of it, but had to skip out after the pictures. We need to hurry up and have these babies!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You were definitely missed at the reunion. I look forward to the pictures too. There were so many cameras there so we should see some good pictures!

Anonymous said...

Missed you so much! Can't wait to meet little Jonas.

Anonymous said...

I just love your notes & pictures on this BLOG! Thanks for taking your time to share your lives this way with all of us! I'm so glad John's meeting went well & that you were able to completely & totally enjoy your precious angels before the next one comes! Can't wait to meet Jonas! Love y'all!

Elizabeth said...

You were greatly missed!!!

Kristi Petrak said...

Glad you had some fun before you go from 2 to 3 kids...gulp! You'll do great, though. You've never failed at anything. I'm so proud of you for what you've accomplished. Love you!