Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts as the third trimester begins.

Hooray! I passed my gestational diabetes test today!

Bummer. I've already gained all the weight I'm supposed to ... for the whole pregnancy.

Hooray! Less than three months to go!

Bummer. Everyone else I know who is pregnant will have their babies before I do.

Hooray! I have the whole summer to spend quality time with only two kids!

Bummer. I have absolutely zero energy to do anything.

Hooray! The pools are opening around here this week!

Bummer. That maternity swim suit just is not flattering one bit.

Hooray! I'm sleeping great these days!

Hooray! I have everything I need for the cute cowboy nursery!

Hooray! The baby is very active and seems to be totally healthy!

Hooray! I will hold this little boy in my arms before the summer is over!


Okay, good. There are more hoorays than bummers. It's good to remind myself of that every now and then. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cowboy nursery sounds pretty cute. One of our young families here at church had that theme for their last baby. Real cute!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....the ups and downs of pregnancy! Knowing you, I am not surprised to see you have more positives than negatives. That is great about your gestational diabetes test!

I am eager to see your nursery!

Sandi said...

This was a great way to post all the ups and downs of your pregnancy. I am right with you on the weight gain -- probably about the same time, too. Oh, well -- I'm not going to beat myself up about it -- I'll just work hard afterwards.

Glad you passed the diabetes test. And glad things are going well!!

Amy said...

Oh, I'm sorry that I'm one of the ones who will have her baby before you. But I'm miserable too, if it makes you feel any better! I hope we both have 'em early! I'm so excited to meet her that I can hardly stand it. Oh, and I'm totally with you on the maternity swim suit. I gave up and wore tank top and shorts. Lol! It'll be worth it soon!!

Kristi Petrak said...

I so love this blog!!! Wow, you're right--cool that you have more hoorays than bummers. ^_^ I also loved your memories of Kreg. Wow, our little brother's getting married!!!! How fun. Love you Kim, and see you and everyone soon!!!! ^_^ Yea!!! ^_^

Rachel said...

For a minute there I thought you were blogging about me! :) Yay for us passing the gestational diabetes test! I was a bit worried, but 3 hours later they said it was fine. I am also a "tad bit" ahead of schedule for gaining weight, but whatever. She's healthy, so I'm happy. And the maternity swim suit?? As long as no one notices the millions of stretch marks I've accumulated, we'll be fine. ;)