Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The summer is here

Johnathan's last day of preschool was today. He has learned so much this year! They had a little picnic lunch and then played some games. His teacher handed out little certificates to all of them and then they had some yummy snacks. Where was my camera? At home, of course. I amaze myself.

But it's starting to get pretty hot. Too hot for picnics outside, that's for sure! And though the actual beginning of summer isn't for another month, it's summer here in Tyler.

I'm off to get a refill of ice water ... again ... followed shortly thereafter by a run to potty ... again, as I'm pretty sure Jonas is turning head down these days. Just three more months ... Three more hot, sticky, humid ......... can we say POOL PLEASE?!?

5 comments:

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Well, Colorado should be refreshing to you:) It could even snow, you never know!

Jina Hinson said...

Ah, the dog days of summer approacheth! I remember being pregnant with Micah all summer. Granted, I was in Seattle and not St. Louis, thank goodness!

Pools and multiple daily showers are wonderful for pregnant moms!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Have to say -- I don't miss the summers in Texas! Can't imagine what it would be like to be pregnant in that heat. Head for the pool, girl!

Rachel said...

I know I already said this on facebook, but POOL PLEASE!!! This heat is getting awful!!

Anonymous said...

I can tell by phone conversations with Johnathan that he has learned so much this year. His vocabulary is amazing for his age.

Conserve energy next summer. This summer you crank the air down and do whatever it takes to stay cool! Watch out for that lovely water retention as the temperature rises too! Fun times! :)