Monday, August 27, 2007

Sometimes there are just more photo opportunities

Suddenly, it seems, my children are doing more interesting things of which to take pictures. Here are a few and the stories that go with them.




Kalleigh loves to look at her baby book. Aren't children good for our egos?! We usually look at them together, and we'll point at her pictures and say, "Kalleigh," as well as whomever else is in them. One morning, I was in the kitchen and heard my little girl say what sounded like, "Kie," in that same down and then up voice inflection as when we say, "Kalleigh." She said it over and over, and knowing her baby book was not where she could reach it, I went to see what she was talking (literally) about. She had found a box containing baby gear that had a picture of a baby on the outside. She was pointing at the baby and saying, "Kie!" Makes sense. Every other picture of a baby is of her, right?!

This morning, before school, we got out Johnathan's baby book. Kalleigh pointed at a baby Johnathan picture and said, of course, "Kie." Johnathan was quick to correct her. :)


My boy can sleep anywhere. This picture was taken at 6:45 last night. We had just gotten home after being out all day, and he had missed his nap. After I took the picture, I proceeded to remove all of his clothes and put a Pull-Up on him. He did not wake up until 7:15 this morning. Bless his heart!

And you thought he fell asleep saying his prayers ...

As I alluded to this morning, this was Johnathan's first day of school. He's in Ms. Melissa's class every MW&F morning. But somehow in the last year, he went from being a baby to being a little boy! (Seems like I posted a first and last day in May, so you're seeing this 2-yr-old picture for the third time.) Check out that tan!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Johnathan looks so much longer and lankier -- and very confident on his first day back to school. That is so cool that Kalleigh is saying so many words. Your children are so beautiful!

Deborah said...

You are so right about the baby-litte boy comment. Oh my goodness! He looks so big...and SO MUCH like his daddy!!

That is so sweet that Kalleigh recognizes "her" picture.

p.s. To answer your question that you left on my blog--yes, Elizabeth and I go to the same portrait studio--don't know if it was the same photographer or not.

Daisha said...

Your kids are adorable!
D

Stephanie said...

Wow! Big difference a year makes! He looks like a little man instead of a little boy!

Megan said...

Hi Kim, I am closer than you think now. We moved to Tyler this past weekend. I hope to run into you at Target or somewhere like that. :) Your kids are precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kimberly, what wonderful pictures. Johnathan has grown so much just since this summer when I saw him. Kalleigh is also getting bigger. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

mamallama said...

Johnathan is so BIG! What a little man. Where does the time go? And, Kalleigh is growing up so fast, too. What a cutie.
I love reading your blog. Hope you are all doing well.
Nancy

Kristi Petrak said...

Johnathan and Kalleigh look so beautiful!! I LOVED the picture of him sleeping. So adorable. Can't wait to see them in December. Love y'all ^_^