Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I found what was causing the trouble in Bison!!

Monday morning, I went back to the vet with Bison. Oh yeah, Saturday morning, while doing some cleaning, I found the other half of the mysterious cheese wrapper; the never-ingested cheese wrapper. So I had know idea what was causing Bison's issues. Bison was feeling a little better that morning, so the vet thought that maybe it was some weird liquid he had gotten into, though I couldn't come up with anything that Bison might have had access to. But he had eaten like 5 bites of the mushy dog food Sunday night and I had also given him a little Pedialyte and he had kept it down, so I guess that's where he had gotten some of his energy back. So the vet sent us home (charge-free!!!) and told me to call him back Wednesday and give him an update. (He was going to be out of town that afternoon and Tuesday.)

Monday afternoon got bad. (This gets a little graphic.) Bison started shaking and wouldn't eat a thing. Every 30 seconds or so for about 2 hours, he would let out a yelp like he was in pain. John had the car at work, so I couldn't have gone to the vet if I had wanted to. So we just waited it out. I continued to give Bison his meds 3x per day. Then Monday evening, right after I gave him his last dose of medicine for the day, he went outside and pooped this nasty, jagged, hard plastic piece of a toy. I have yet to identify the toy, but it does say, "Mattell." I took a picture of it next to my phone so you could see how big and nasty it was. This was so much worse than a cheese wrapper would ever have been! I'm amazed that it didn't tear anything inside while making the journey out!

So he's feeling great today. He ate almost a whole serving of his mushy dog food this morning and had no accidents overnight, thank goodness! He should be okay to accompany me jogging in the morning. (John said that Bison whined the whole time I was gone jogging this morning because he wanted to go ... sorry, Honey:)

And now for the picture:
I'm so glad we're "passed" this whole thing! We can just "put it behind us" and "move on"!
It's okay. You can roll your eyes. I rolled my eyes at myself. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing that's over with! Glad the little guy is alright!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the time I went hunting for Kisti's diamond earring. It took a few days and several Wal-mart bags... During the interim, we found that our homeowners policy would actually cover the loss, but in the end (pun intended) I recovered the earring and no claim was necessary.

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

No fair, I didn't know that husbands were allowed on the blog...he stole my comment:)
Glad Bison is all better:)

Leah said...

Glad everything came out okay with Bison! I won't roll my eyes at you--I'd be a mess if something like that happened to my little puggies!