Tuesday, October 20, 2009

5 Gigs in 3 Days

I'll get to the race post when I have pictures, so for now I'll share about all of our singing adventures this past weekend.

As if the race weren't enough for the weekend, we performed a total of 5 times Thursday, Friday and Saturday. All of the gigs were with Group Therapy except for one on Saturday, which was Clearly Vocal.

So, Thursday at noon, we played a couple of hours for a luncheon honoring the new president of Texas College. We were mostly background music, so it was pretty easy.

Thursday night was the official Grand Opening for Breakers, so they invited us to come play for that. It was very busy, so that made it fun. We played until about 11:45 that night.

Friday night we played for a party out at the Pinecrest Country Club out in Longview. This was the BIG band which, in addition to us, included Mark, Todd, Darrin and Harold (Danny's 87 yr-old dad!) on the bass, guitar, drums and saxaphone, respectively. Playing with all of those guys is always so fun! We played until 10:00 and got home by midnight.

Saturday morning, we left the house by 7:00 to get to the race, about which I will write later.

We did not stay for the awards ceremony because we had to get out to Edom to sing with Clearly Vocal at the Edom Festival of the Arts at 1:00! We were told to be there by noon, so my time was a little short! We made it, though my hair was still wet. From the shower, not sweat. :) We had a great crowd all sitting out there on hay bales! There were two women, especially, who just really seemed like they were enjoying the music. They were my "go-to" people whenever I needed some encouragement! We sang well and had a blast.

Then that night we were back at our regular gig at Breakers. I wore my Tyler Half Finisher's medal around my neck. Yeah, I did. I was pretty tired, so Danny let John and I go home at 10:45, rather than our usual quitting time of midnight! I was SO thankful.

To make the weekend even more challenging, I was having sinus issues, that thankfully didn't affect my voice until Sunday. I sound pretty bad today, though I'm feeling mostly better! The biggest problem was the congestion, but what's one of the best ways to vibrate those sinus cavities and keep everything loose? Singing!

And so it all fell into place as it was supposed to. I'm glad that just every once in a while my plans and God's plans seem to be on the same page! I am so grateful for healthy bodies, singing opportunities and beautiful weather that made this past weekend so wonderful!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

You are superwoman.

Can't wait to see race pictures.

Carol J said...

Ditto what Deborah said! Way to go!

Casey said...

I'm such a nerd. When I first read the title of the post I was wondering what in the world 5 Gigabytes had to do with 3 days...