Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Headinng into the summer

We're heading into the summer with some new and exciting things for the kids. It's already starting to pick up speed!

At church, we sort of kicked off the summer with a Ministry Fair that I got to help plan. Click here to see pictures and a good article by Donna LaRue. This was the first one for Glenwood in several years--the first since we've been here--and I really think it was a huge success. Plus, it's another thing to check off my to-do list. Whew! That was a big one!

Sorry. Kalleigh's potty training days are here, and those last two comments sent me to that world.

Getting back on track ...

Yesterday we got Johnathan all registered for kindergarten. He seemed pretty nervous about the whole thing, but I'm sure he'll do just great. Er, I'm sure I'll do just great. I'm sure.

And today I got the oldest two signed up for gymnastics for the summer. They're both VERY excited about this, so I hope it's a good experience for them. That's our big summer thing for the kids. (Who knew how expensive a 3T required leotard could be?! Good grief!)

The kids have a calendar that hangs in their bathroom that we update every month. Johnathan loves this because he really feels like he needs to know what "the plan" is several days in advance. :) He got so excited as we added each activity: gymnastics, zoo camp, VBS, Father's Day and of course, his birthday party!

He'll be the big 5 this year. Our family has decided to do big "friend parties" every five years or so (5, 10, 16), so this year is the first big one. We're heading to "Jumpin' Jacks Party Shack" on his birthday, which conveniently falls on a Saturday.

And in between all that fun, I'm sure we'll head to the pool, play in the sprinklers, go to the spray park and anything else we can think of to stay cool. We had a mild winter, so I'm guessing it's going to be a hot summer!

Happy June!

4 comments:

Jina Hinson said...

Plans sounds great! And busy! Try to find some days just to "be"...helps all the activity to not become too much!

Have a great summer!
Love you guys!

Aunt Donna said...

Sounds like a fun summer. It totally took me by surprise that Johnathan is old enough for Kindergarten! Where did the time go??? Isn't he the epitome of "oldest child"?? Wants to know everything in advance!! How cute!

Mom said...

I really like the calendar idea, and I can understand Johnathan's need to know what the plan is!

Laurie said...

Wow! 5 yrs went by FAST!!!!! I'm SURE you will both do great! :) AND, look out -- leotards ARE ridiculously priced!!!!!!! I nearly had a heart attack when we agreed to do the dance & music academy a "favor" by joining ballet so another girl would have a classmate---had no idea how much the "free" classes were going to cost me (tights, shoes, leotard, etc!) Good luck with that!!! And have a fun summer!