Monday, May 18, 2009

Kalleigh's most recent funnies


I'll get to my PA trip in the next post after I've stolen some pictures from the people who were smart enough to take them, and I'll also show you pictures of my newest nephew, Mr. Westin Wayne Kell, but this post is for Kalleigh and for me. A "so-I-don't-forget" post.

1. We went to P.F. Chang's after John and the kids picked me up from the airport last night, and as is our custom, ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate. Kalleigh, with her mouth full of chocolate cake, a ring of chocolate around her mouth, and another large piece on her fork, grins ear to ear and enthusiastically says as if on a commercial, "Das a bvig bvite!" (That's a big bite!) That one is a "you had to be there," one, but lucky for me, I was. :)

2. She also was especially concerned about getting to eat the blueblerry that garnished the cake.

3. Not long ago, Kalleigh held up her thumb and said, "Daddy, my scum hurts! Can you kitch it?"

4. Identifying shapes: "Dassa square, dassa trine-tangle (triangle), and dassa, uh, uh, (obviously searching for the word) dassa squirrel (circle)."

We try not to laugh at everything she says so she won't get TOO self-conscious and stop trying new words. But we certainly have to turn away to hide the smiles sometimes! This is too fun!

3 comments:

LePage Family said...

Oh! I SO wish you had a picture of her with the chocolate cake!! I can see it in my mind...but that picture would have been worth a thousand words!! Nothing more innocent than chocolate rings around the mouths of babes!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious!! :) I remember those days of trying not to laugh at every adorable little thing they said! That picture is classic of her, too! :)

Kara said...

aaah, those squirrels... your little girl is precious