Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Christmas Post

It took me awhile, but here, finally, is the Christmas post of '06.

This is mostly a picture post, but they tell the story probably better than I could.

We started our Christmas at home, opening our presents for each other on Christmas Eve. It's not neccesarily a tradition, but it worked with our schedule this year.


Johnathan with his pile.


Kalleigh's new cd player.


My new favorite scrapbook paper with thier most beautiful line yet!

Then we went to Bonham, TX, to Granny Lou's Bed & Breakfast, owned by John's brother and his wife. Isn't it beautiful?


This house was completely gutted and remodeled a few years ago. It's gorgeous on the inside, too!


Kalleigh, soaking it all in.


He's so cute in his new hat!

Then over to Dallas to see the Kells. I didn't get near as many pictures in Dallas as I would have liked!


Kalleigh with her GREAT-Aunt Karla. ;)

Then we came home and a few days later, Kreg came to spend a couple of days.


Awwww ....

I took Kreg out to see Gallant (my horse).


Me an' my horse.


I had an hour and a half riding lesson Sunday afternoon, so I'm trying to practice what we learned!

Kreg even tried his hand at riding my young horse!



Oh, the lack of details. All in all we had a very good Christmas ... a few speed bumps along the way, as the holidays are always a little hectic ... but a very good Christmas. We enjoyed seeing so many of you!

Happy New Year!


The shirt says Ciao Baby ... a gift from Uncle Kreg brought back from Italy!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pics! Glad you guys had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking every day to see if you'd posted Christmas pics! I just love them. Kalleigh is certainly growing, and I love that little chair-thingy she has. That looks pretty handy. Johnathan looks like he is getting to be a big boy. That Bed and Breakfast -- I don't know if I want to go all the way to Texas (it's not on the way to see kids and grandkids), but that looks like a really neat place! Thanks for the pictures and letting us share in your Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am so glad to hear you had such a great time, even with a lot of traveling. Johnathan and Kalleigh look so much like you, especially Kalleigh. Maybe we can see you before too long. We love you guys!

Tiffany Rose said...

Kalleigh has the cutest little smile!! :) Oh and that purple chair thing for her is the coolest! I've seen alot of new mommies have them, they must work great! :) Thanks for sharing pics of your holidays!!

Sandi said...

You look absolutely beautiful, Kim! And I am loving that purple seat of Kalleigh's -- I've not seen anything like it! How cool! I always have Chase reclined in his swing or something but just last night we sat him up in a little exersaucer at church and he sat right there paying attention to the lesson and everything! I'd love a little chair like that for him.

Kristi Petrak said...

Those pics are great! Kim, you have a beautiful family, and I can't wait to see you in March. It'll be fun! Love you!!!

The Sheets said...

when did you get a horse?
D

The Sheets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.