Monday, December 04, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful time with Mom, Mamaw and Papaw over the Thanksgiving break. We ate so very well: turkey and the works for "THE meal," and Mamaw fixed squirrel for me for another meal! And I'm so bad about not remembering to take pictures. I don't have a picture of all of us together. Amazing. But that didn't stop us from having fun. We sang, watched movies, took naps and just enjoyed being together.

Friday afternoon, JR & Daisha came over with Gideon for a play date. It was so great to finally meet "Daisha's boys"! The blog world is so small that I felt like I knew JR and Gideon already. It had been about four years since Daisha and I had seen each other! Johnathan and Gideon had fun together, and I think JR had a good time holding Kalleigh! JR and Daisha seem like such good parents. Very nurturing. Sure wish we could see each other more often!


Johnathan, Gideon ... and Santa. Gideon is such a cutie. Even more so in person! He is just constantly wiggling and flashing that big smile!


The Hodges and Sheets families.

I think the best part of this trip is that John was able to go with me! Often, John will have to stay in town so he won't miss some rehearsal or church service. Having him with us was just so much better! Ah, the life of a minister ... as many of you know!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

You all look great!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! That little Gideon looks like Daisha, I think. How cute he is.

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good time and that John got to go with you.