Friday, December 15, 2006

The Show, etc.

Last weekend Glenwood put on a dinner theater called "I'll Be Home for Christmas." John directed it, and I had a small singing role. It was a blast and a huge success! Glenwood had never done anything like it before, and people were just blown away! The story takes place in 1941 right around the time of Pearl Harbor. The front half of the stage is the family living room where the family gathers around and listens to the radio from time to time. The back half of the stage is raised a foot and is the recording studio, so we actually perform all of the songs, shows, commercials live. All that 40's music was so fun to sing! I got to be in a girls trio, similar to the Andrews sisters, that sang, "I'm Wishing You a Merry, Merry Christmas." It was a blast! People were so excited after the show and everyone kept asking when the next one was goinig to be. We'll see ... :)

I wish I had some good pictures from the whole process

But I don't.

They did have 3 video cameras running the first night and 4 the second, so our video guy is editing a seamless version using all 7 angles. I can't wait to see it!

Tonight we're heading to Dallas to hear Vocal Majority with Dad and Maria. That should be fun! One of our Glenwood members sings with the group. We'll spend the night at Randy and Karla's and head back some time tomorrow. I'm hoping to hit P.F. Chang's once before we go home! Maybe Saturday lunch. What a treat!

On a side note, Johnathan showed me how he can take his cast off. You were right, Elizabeth! I think I overreacted when I saw him carrying his cast in to show me. I sucked all the air out of the room, and he began to cry! I told him that he wasn't in trouble, but that he did need to keep his cast on until the doctor says it's okay (Wednesday). Then I promised that we could take it off for bath time--hooray!

Kalleigh is "talking" more and more these days. It's so sweet! I just love all those baby noises: "oh!" "agoo," "dlah," "ah!" I thought it wouldn't be as exciting the second time around, but it IS!

Okay! Who's who? Highlight the hidden text below to find out!

A.


B.




A. Johnathan, 12 weeks
B. Kalleigh, 10 weeks

7 comments:

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Two points for Kisti! You can't fool me:) I can't believe how much they look alike! What beautiful eyes!
The play sounds fantastic! It brought back memories of Uncle Phil:) Good times!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I think Kalleigh has her Nana's eyes! Both your children are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Christmas show was fantastic! I was so impressed by the number of people in the congregation who participated -- and at the talent level. They must have had an excellent director! :)

Your babies are definitely from the same gene pool, but there was no fooling Nana. Thanks for the update. Kalleigh changes every day!

Kristi Petrak said...

Your babies are SO beautiful!!! I could tell right away, too. Their aunt knows them!!! Love and miss, K ^_^

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess the cousin who's never met Kalleigh is the only one who had trouble--I guessed wrong! They are both so cute, though. Glad the musical went well--way to go, John. That is right up your alley, isn't it!!

Cheryl said...

Your entertainment starved missionaries in Uganda want a copy of the DVD!!!

Tiffany said...

They look so much alike -- wow. Those eyes are just beautiful!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and post a pug picture when you can, since we have a similar addiction... :)