Monday, October 30, 2006

Homecoming

The kids and I had an excellent trip to Searcy for Harding's Homecoming. They did very well in the car ... Kalleigh's first trip longer than a couple of hours. Stopping to feed her did add 30 min to the trip there and an hour to the trip back, but we made it safely, and that's what matters!

Pics from the car. Yes, I took them while driving. (Now you're wondering how we ever made it safely!)





Fiddler on the Roof was just great! Way to go, Craig and Dottie! Also, great job to all of my relatives in the show: Tara, Logan, and Colin. (Can I count Colin? ... close enough). :)

And Coach Phillips, of course. You totally rock and are the best Russian dancer I've ever seen.

Harding has made so many improvements that have made such a big difference. The Lily Pool is beautiful and so is the Heritage lobby--gorgeous!




Can you believe it?? WOW! And I didn't even get the wall waterfalls on each side as you walk in. Gorgeous.

We went to Mamaw and Papaw's for supper Friday night. It was so good to see them. I snagged a quick picture before we left.


Papaw said, "I believe we could just leave her here!"

And we got to see Keleigh, a friend I coached in CO, and who is friends with Kreg. If you're thinking, "Hey, Keleigh is spelled a lot like Kalleigh," you're exactly right! We spelled Kalleigh's name that way because we liked Keleigh's spelling. So here are Keleigh and Kalleigh:

Kreg, I tried not to rub it in that Keleigh got to see her before you, but ... well ... Neener, neener, neener. ;)

It was a great weekend--just wish John could've been there!

6 comments:

holly said...

Holy cow! Those photos of Harding are crazy. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize a thing...

Love the Mamaw-Papaw-Kalleigh photos!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! I am jealous you got to see everybody. And, I don't think there's anything wrong with considering Collin as family...I do, oh wait...

Kalleigh looks SO much like you--she's just beautiful!

The Sheets said...

I'm glad you got that time with your family. (not to mention all that show-off time)

Mom LOVED running into you and getting to hold Kalleigh.

Are you going to be back over Thanksgiving?

Daisha

Tiffany Rose said...

i hear that the new joke with the students at Harding is that the girls with skirts on should NOT walk on the Heritage floor because it reflects SO MUCH! Great pics!

Stephanie said...

So glad you had a great time at Harding! The fountain and lobby are gorgeous! It changes every time we go out! I'm "homesick!"

I'm also very impressed you made the trip all by yourself with a two year old and a newborn! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Kim. I especially appreciated the Mamaw-Papaw-Kalleigh photo. Thank you. She's a real doll baby.