Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Another week gone by

I can't believe how quickly time is flying. You'd think that with all the late night (or no night) adventures and the very many diapers I've changed, I'd want to hurry on through this phase. But I find myself NOT wanting her to be old enough to smile or hold her head up or whatever the next stage is. It's just going by too fast! I love this infant stage!

Johnathan has been so sweet with Kalleigh. Yesterday, he said out of the blue, "I love Baby Kow-lee! Kow-lee Uh-liz-buff, I love her!" I've heard it said that there is no greater joy than to see your children love each other. Perhaps.

Funny Johnathan story:

We got in the car as quickly as possible. We were at the church building heading home after dropping John off, and it was raining. We did not have our umbrella! I was holding Kalleigh with a blanket pulled over her, holding the car door open for Johnathan and "encouraging" him to get in "RIGHT NOW." As soon as all appendages were out of the way, I closed the door and ran around to the other side and put Kalleigh in her seat. By the time I got in, I was nearly drenched!

We got a few blocks down the road when Johnathan said, "Mommy! I not have my seatbelt on!" Great. I had forgotten to buckle him in before taking off. I pulled over and as I was buckling him up he said, "See? I nudist!" This obviously caught me off guard. "You what?" I asked. "I nudist I not have my seatbelt on!" Hee hee. "Oooohhh, you noticed?" "Yeah!" Silly boy. :)

The other funny thing that took us a while to figure out what he was saying was the song, "Round the Cornis," in Johnathan language. He kept saying that he wanted to listen to "Round the Cornis," and we finally figured out that it was a song from our Xmas dinner theater that we've been rehearsing, "Hope is Just Around the Corner!" He likes to dance to it as well as direct ... just like Daddy.

The directing, not the dancing. ;) Right.

And here are a couple of pictures of Kalleigh ("Finally!" you're saying--don't lie.) from this past Sunday:

This dress and little sweater were Aunt Karla's as a baby. I believe Jina wore it, too, as well as Alissa and Rebekah, and now Kalleigh! I'll bundle them up and send them on to Shawn and Britney's baby when she comes in February. (I've affectionately named her La'Shawnda.)


Here's my girl with the quilt Great-Grammie gave her in the background. Thanks, Gram!


I'm headed to Searcy tomorrow with the kids for Homecoming. Anyone else going to be there?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we were going to be there. I'd love to see that Kalleigh in person. She is ADORABLE!!! I know her Nana and Mamaw will enjoy holding her! Of course, it goes without saying they will love to play with Johnathan as well. How fun! Thanks for the pictures and love the story about "nudist." Promise me you will write all this stuff down! People told me to write things down and I thought surely I would remember it all. Wrong! Oh, I might remember, but I can't remember which child!!! Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

She is precious Kim! It is so wonderful to see how God is blessing the Hodges!

Stephanie said...

Kim -
I am so impressed of how well Johnathan is talking. Hayley is talking too but she doesn't say words like "noticed!"

We went out to homecoming the last two years but we won't be making the trip this year. Tell everyone hello!

Anonymous said...

Kalleigh is changing every week. She is so "pink" and pretty! I can hardly wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

I'll be here! I hope we get to see you guys when you're in town. :)

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

hey kim, i found your blog from...hmmm, i don't remember. but i've enjoyed reading about your little ones. just thought i'd drop you a note so you'd know one more person who was reading your blog (it always amazes me who reads ours).

-april (gillespie) emerson

Anonymous said...

Kim and Jon, She is so beautiful. I am glad that God blessed you with a boy and a girl. They are so different and special in their own ways. We miss you all, JOY