Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Home for a week

We've been home for a week and a day now, and it's been great. Mom cooked every meal (unless we ate out) and did every bit of laundry. I really miss her! Kristi got in Sunday night and got to stay until Tuesday when she and Mom drove back to AR together.

Kalleigh is a very content baby--thank goodness! She cries when she's poopy, hungry or cold, and those are easy to fix. She's happy to sit in her bouncy chair and look at the cool patterns on the sides for long stretches of time. She is a very efficient eater, I've decided, because she doesn't eat for very long, but her tummy gets so full--it looks like a little puppy tummy right after it's eaten--all full and round!

And she has plenty of poop to prove she's eating enough. Sandi, I totally understand what you were saying about just not being able to keep up with the poopy diapers to prevent diaper rash. Yep, she has it. And we've gone through 3 packages of diapers in these 8 days at home, so it's not like we just let her sit in it. Some of these diaper changes involve up to 3 diapers because as soon as we get the clean one on, "SQUIRT!" and she's poopy again. (Isn't that sound so distinctive?)

I'm learning what projectile poop is. Johnathan never did this. Of course, his was projectile pee. But projectile poop only happens in the slight moments between having the old diaper off and the new diaper on--we're talking 1-2 seconds. I'll leave the rest up to you to figure out. :) Let's just say hooray for carpet cleaner ... "hooray."

Okay, here are some pictures of her during the first week at home:


Are you seeing this auburn hair?? My guess is that it will change, but who knows? John and I both have a tiny bit of red is our hair, so I suppose it's possible. Also her eyes aren't as blue as Johnathan's were as a newborn. We may have a hazel eyed, auburn hair little girl on our hands!

You be the judge. Who does she look like?

Daddy?


Mommy?


Johnathan?


Outside on the swing


Nana


Aunt Kristi


All ready for church! Thanks, Kisti, for the beautiful dresses!


One more hooray for her cord falling off last night! That's always a good thing.

John's mom is here for the next few days, so we'll be glad to have some more help around the house!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like her cousin Brenna! Only with lighter hair! :) What a precious angel she is! I'm so glad she is a happy baby! Sorry about the projectile poop, though!! Don't think we ever had to deal with that, thank goodness!! Keep those pictures coming! I am dying to jump on a plane to come see you all! Love ya!~

Anonymous said...

She is SO gorgeous! Keep those pictures coming! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll amen to the previous two comments -- beautiful, precious, gorgeous, wanna get on a plane to come see you, etc. -- not even dealing with the projectile thing though!! I think she looks like you, Kim! I know your mom was sad to leave you, but it's nice that John's mom is with you now. Good quality bonding time for those grandmas is REALLY, REALLY important. (Spoken like a true Nana!) Love you. Can't wait to see you all.

Amanda said...

I think that she looks like you Kim. She is so adorable. :)

How is Johnathan liking the new baby?

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

What a doll:) The dress looks beautiful! Aren't girls fun?!
That's funny that you mention her auburn hair. Maren's hair is really RED in the sunlight. We've thought the same about her hair, she won't be a true redhead, but maybe auburn:) (This is the minimal amount of hair that she does have!)
Enjoy her, as you know, it goes so fast!

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a doll! Bless you guys--and your carpet with all that "projectile" action.

Anonymous said...

She has changed in just 2 days!!! I need to come for another visit! Thanks for posting the pictures so this Nana can keep up.

Love you all!

Amanda said...

Don't worry about the hair thing- you will get use to putting it up.
A good thing to get are those little one time use hair ties, you can find them in the baby section of Walmart, they stretch really well and hold fine hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! She's really beautiful. I really appreciate the pictures. It makes me feel like I'm connected, even in WV. Take care of yourself. Love you!

Tiffany said...

What a cutie! She already looks like a girl, which is unusual for a baby that little. (And I'd have to say that I think she look more like her mama's baby pictures than her daddy's.)

Sandi said...

I don't know about your baby pictures, but I think that she looks more like you...something about the eyes...she's beautiful!! And that's hilarious about the projectile poops -- I totally relate to the 3-diaper-diaper-changes. I've already had two of those today!! Keep up the good work!! :)

Stephanie said...

Kim,
She's absoultely beautiful! She looks like both of you - she got the best off both which most babies end up getting anyway! Glad to hear you are adjusting well! I'm looking forward to you sharing more!

Kristi Petrak said...

I absolutely LOVE your pictures! You're right, Kalleigh is a pretty content baby. So glad that I got to spend time with your kids. They are absolutely beautiful. Love and miss! K ^_^