Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kate Evelyn

Most of you know by now, but we are having a girl! And Kate Evelyn is her name, named after my Grammie Kell, Evelyn. She represents strength, confidence and a fierce love for family that I hope will be passed on to this sweet one!

I can't remember if I've mentioned before, but John and I did a lot of research before trying for this baby. We read many articles on how to naturally increase your chances of having a boy or a girl. Well, it worked, I guess. I mean, we got the result we were hoping for. Of course it's a 50/50 chance, so maybe nothing we did mattered at all! Sometimes I wonder if it makes God chuckle when we think we made something happen. Like the baby lion scaring the hyena away, when in reality his daddy is standing behind him! Either way, we're having a girl, and if anyone is interested in the methods we learned about, I would have so much fun telling you all about it!

Sorry for the delay in the blog announcement. We found out on Saturday, and of course this is Tuesday. What happened was that I got such a rush of excitement after finding out that we're having a Kate that I spent the rest of that night and any time I had Sunday, Monday and this morning pulling out, hanging up, safety pinning, tagging and labeling all of the boy clothes I had size 0-2T to take to the big consignment sale! No suppers were cooked and no laundry was done during this time, either! But at last, everything is in its place at the Harvey Hall Convention Center, and I can't wait to start pulling out all the little girl things!!

I was 16 weeks on Sunday. The baby books say that Kate will go through a major growth spurt over the next couple of weeks. I'm STARVING.

I will reluctantly post some belly pics. Eventually. When I'm having an emotionally stable day. I have WAY too much estrogen in my system.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I'm very curious to hear about your "methods!" LOVE the name.

Deborah said...

WOW!! No, the non-facebooker is just now finding out! Kate Evelyn...what a beautiful name.

Amanda said...

So excited you're having another girl, but I don't know if i'd get rid of all the boys clothes just yet. Little girls have" turned" into little boys when sonogrammed so early! Maybe keep a couple of your favorites. And i would love to hear what you guys did! Love the name, so sweet!

Tiffany Rose said...

Yea! I can't wait to see belly pictures! :) and of course, I love the name.... but already knew that ;)

Kara said...

So happy for you... and you've picked a beautiful name for your beautiful baby girl. My younger sister is due with a girl in February... maybe they'll all be at Harding together some day!