Thursday, September 09, 2010

And now for a change of pace

Wow, my last post was really depressing! But like Tiffany said in her most recent post, it really does help to get it all out from time to time. It helps me put things in perspective and sends me running back to God to thank him for so many wonderful blessings that always outweigh the frustrations in life.

So sorry to all those who were afraid that I needed medication or therapy ... or even a chili-cheese coney. I think I'm okay without all of that.

For now. :)

So, today I'll let you faithful readers (and apparently there are a lot more than I realized based on the fallout from last week!) in on some of the near-perfect things about my life right now.

I buy a cantaloupe about once a year. My kids will eat it okay, John doesn't really prefer them, but I'll get a "hankerin'" for one about once a year. So I bought my 2010 cantaloupe at the Buckly Farms farmer's market in downtown Flint just yesterday. Cantaloupes are like watermelons. Mostly they're pretty good, but occasionally, they're amazing. The Hodges 2010 cantaloupe was AMAZING. That ought'a do me until next summer!

I just like to say downtown Flint to see if anyone laughs out loud. It's the four-way-stop.

Speaking of the farmer's market, while I was there, I just happen to let a jar of pear preserves jump into my bag. They are my favorite, and if anyone ever wants to make some pear preserves for me, I will gladly award you with a million points. Did you hear that? A MILLION.

Terry Dean, my other mom, surprised me with a phone call a couple of days ago saying that she wanted to take me to Stork Vision to get an early look at the gender of this new baby! I am so excited! We're going on Saturday, which will be the day before I'm 16 weeks. If this baby cooperates, it will be the earliest I've ever gotten to find out the gender of any of my babies!! It's really for practical purposes, though, since that consignment sale is next weekend and I need to turn in my stuff by Tuesday, and if I know the sex of the baby, I can get rid of all of my other baby gender stuff, too! See how practical we are? ;) Of course I will keep all of you up to date as to pink or blue!

Speaking of baby, I'm feeling the first little flutters of this child! This, for sure, is going to be our last child. We're going to take drastic measures to make sure of it. We, of course, means he. :) So, I have just been treasuring each day. This is my last time to do this, and instead of being sad like I always thought I would be, I'm just enjoying it! I don't want to be pregnant again and I don't want any more children than these four. This is a great place to be, mentally!

And speaking of consignment sales, of course I'm going to sell my stuff, but I'm also going to get to take advantage of some really great deals! It's such a good way to clean out those closets and fill 'em back up again. Um, that didn't come out right. Anyway, I can't wait!

John does NOT have a meeting tonight or tomorrow night! These days, two nights in a row without a meeting of some kind is almost unheard of. So we're going to make the most of this time at home together as a family, because it will be another week until we're all home together for dinner again! Right, focusing on the good. Tomorrow is also John's day off, so we'll get Johnathan and Kalleigh off to school and just have Jonas at home with us. Very nice.

Speaking of Kalleigh, she got her little cast off yesterday! She's still limping around as if she had the cast on, and the Dr. said she would do that for a week or two. Poor thing. Limping without a cast makes people worry more about her than when she had a cast on! But this morning, she was begging me to let her jump on the trampoline again. Of course I let her! She did just fine.

Tonight I'm making PW's pan-fried pork chops and I might try those little mini brownies that she had on her page yesterday. Anybody else try them yet? They look so good!

So see? No need to worry about me any more. I'm just me. Plain, happy, hormonal me. :)

5 comments:

Carol J said...

I am so eager to hear the results of the sonogram! And, again, I am so thankful for Terry and for all of the extra love she pours out on you and your family. This whole "being a part of a church family" was a good idea!

Love you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, those little brownies looked so good! Please, oh please, do a post on them if you make them!!

I'm so glad you are able to enjoy this pregnancy. I had moments of enjoyment. :)

Glenave Curtis said...

Oh, I am so glad you are having a good day, and I am sure that you have plenty of those! I, too am excited to hear if you have a boy or girl. Love you.

Rachel said...

Here's hoping baby cooperates! This is our last baby, too, and I have such a peace about it. Feels good, doesn't it? :) I definitely want to hear about it if you made those brownies--they looked so good!

Deborah said...

Wow, I didn't know our whole family was all PW fans! Of course we are--what was I thinking! Tell us your recipe reviews, please.

Your excitement over this pregnancy is so sweet to me. I love the way you give glory to God, no matter what season of life you are in. Kim, you are truly a woman of God, and I thank Him for you!

Cannot wait to hear about the Stork Vision!