Thursday, August 12, 2010

Two Big!

Jonas turned two a week ago. For our little family/Deans celebration, Jonas wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

This is nothing new. If we are within 5 blocks of CEC Jonas starts looking out the window, quietly saying, "Chuck E. Cheese? Chuck E. Cheese?" I think he's been once that he might remember. At the end of the school year, Johnathan's class had a party there. Anyway, as soon as CEC comes into view, Jonas, in an excited/panicky scream yells, "CHUCK E. CHEESE!!! CHUCK E. CHEESE!! CHUCK E. CHEESE!!" until he can no longer see it. So of course, when asked where he wanted to go for his birthday ... exactly.

With as much energy and motivation as I could scrape up that day, I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, and "decorated" them by spelling out Jonas's name a couple of times across the cupcakes and then slapped a "2" candle in the middle. Poor 3rd child! For Johnathan's 2nd birthday, we had two different celebrations for some reason and I made two cakes: Big Bird and Tigger. And we went to CEC. I just hope and pray that Jonas will not need therapy because of this discrepancy.


Anyway, we had a great time, ate all of the pizza and cupcakes and Terry and I had some great conversation while the rest of the grownups took the kids around to play games! Perfect!

 Backing away from the flame and still trying to blow it out. Heehee. We might have helped him a little.

 Jonas's biggest reaction was to new clothes. That's my kid. :)

Speaking of clothes, Sunday morning, Jonas decided to outgrow all of his 2T pants. Luckily I had pulled a 2 & 3T box down from the attic some months ago and we found an outfit for church. So, it was time to go through his clothes. I had 6 boxes already out in the garage of clothes that all of the kids had outgrown over the past year that I had just piled there to sit until I could no longer put off putting them up in the attic. The time had come.

Tuesday I had a burst of energy (Woo-hoo!!!) and decided to get it done. The plan was to pull down the couple of 3T boxes and store the others. When I got up to the attic, I remembered when I saw them that a friend had given me FOUR boxes of 3Ts a year ago. Add that to my two, and I suddenly had SIX boxes of 3T clothes. People, Jonas is set. After putting away all I could, I still have 2 full boxes of 3T winter clothes and another almost full box of 3s that looked big or were actually 4s. Crazy, but I'm so thankful!

So my barely-2-yr-old is square into 3s. Bless his heart. What can I say? We make 'em sturdy. :)

Happy birthday, my sweet big boy. You were the perfect labor & delivery. You made our 8-year anniversary extra special that year! You do everything in your power to keep up with your brother and sister. You love your blanket and your thumb. You entertain yourself quite well. You are a clown and a half, doing anything for a laugh. And I love you so much!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

What a sweet post about a sweet boy! I am not shocked ONE BIT that he is wearing 3T's. He is, as you say, sturdy.

And, I do not think those cupcakes were lame in the slightest. In fact, I was really wishing I could grab one through the computer screen. And, frankly, will Johnathan remember that he had TWO fancy cakes on his birthday? NOPE. No more than Jonas will remember he got the "lame cupcakes". You are SUCH a great momma.

;)

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Jonas! I am not surprised at all that he is in 3T--we've been there for a while! :) We like our sturdy kids. ;) Abby had cupcakes, too, but she's our first... what does that mean??

Aunt Donna said...

What a great post about a wonderful little boy! Love all the details. And the cupcakes look amazing. Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter!!! Happy Birthday, Jonas!!

Keleigh said...

We took Jonas to Chuck E Cheese in March while you were in Denver :) He loved it then, too! And the cupcakes look super yummy. I'm with Deborah... made my mouth water!

Carol J said...

What a sweet boy he is! I can just hear him saying "Chuck E Cheese!" I love that he is delighted with simple gifts and I love to hear him laugh with his daddy.

Oh, and cupcakes are the new thing in birthday cakes -- very trendy!