Friday, November 20, 2009

Jonas words

I love when the child starts speaking enough words that he can actually communicate what he wants. It's just so pitiful when all they do is cry and scream and you play this hysterical guessing game until the child calms down either because you successfully guessed what the problem was or because he got distracted by something else so that he forgot what he was upset about in the first place.

"Words, a letter and a letter on a string, will hold forever humanity spellbound." --Anders Edenroth, The Real Group.

So Jonas is beginning to string letters together to form words and a couple of words together here and there to make "sentences." It's so precious to a mother, and I don't want to forget his little language. Here are my favorties right now:

Mbvoo = balloon
Bah-boo = dog (originally Bison, but now he calls all dogs bah-boo)
Bah-bah, Daddy
Hah deh! = Hi there!
Ooo-wee! = Shewee! (as in poopy diaper)
Ot = hot
At = hat
Oots = oops
Hah-oh = hello
Ra-ra = Dora (the Explorer)
Ah-ro = Mario
Deh! = There! (when he accomplishes something)
Oosh = shoes

Again, these are just my favorites in his list of words he can say, or uh, communicate. :)


Sweet Kalleigh "reading" to her baby brother.

Love those kids!

4 comments:

Jina Hinson said...

I love the picture of big sis reading to little bro. Precious! Can't wait to see you guys next month!!

Deborah said...

I think "oots" is my favorite! That is so amazing to me how God made mommies to translate their children's language.

Kara said...

we're in the little words phase too... and it's so great when you figure out what something means and don't have to guess anymore.

Love it!

Rachel said...

I was just thinking the other day how grateful I am that Abby's language is growing so quickly! We still have occasional moments of hysteria, but they are much more rare. ;) Sweet picture of your kids!