Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Filler

There's just not a lot going on that seems blog-worthy these days. Maybe it seems that way because Mom and I leave for Galveston on Friday, so that has sort of overshadowed everything else. I am SO excited!

And now, a paragraph for those who want to kill time clicking on all the links:

Group Therapy, the band, has been singing at Breakers every other weekend, which has been a blast. Best dinner crowd we've had in a while! In fact, Clearly Vocal is singing there tomorrow night to help promote the United We Dine campaign.

Johnathan must be feeling more and more comfortable with school, for his behavior has worsened. One week ago today, his teacher called just to tell us that he was doing so well in school, making good choices and being so polite. But it seems that since that phone call he's forgotten how to behave. Please say this is a phase. I have spanked for disrespectful and hurtful behavior. That doesn't seem to communicate. I have rewards promised for good behavior, but they don't seem to be doing the trick either. I'm wide open to suggestions.

Kalleigh is doing so much better with potty training. As long as I stay in tune with her poop schedule, we're usually just fine.

That may have bordered on TMI. Sorry.

She's been sort of croupy the past couple of days with a fever, so I've kept her away from most people. With Ibuprofen she seems fine, except for the seal bark. Her fever stayed down this afternoon, though, so that's good. Here we are staying home from school:


Jonas is spouting out more and more words these days, which is so nice. That whole communication thing is a lot easier that way!

When I come back from Galveston I should have a bunch of good pictures and stories.

Until then ...

5 comments:

mom said...

I love the picture of you and Kalleigh! "Like mother, like daughter...."

Looking forward to Friday!

Aunt Donna said...

Your mom took the words right out of my mouth -- "like Mother like daughter."

Deborah said...

I would never call this post a "filler" or not blog-worthy! Maybe I'm weird, but I love to hear about normal, everyday things.

As far as Johnathan goes, you're doing the right thing. I also have a feeling that your weekend away could do wonders for your perspective!

Aunt Kathy said...

Sweet, sweet picture! You and your Mamma have sooo much fun in Galveston. That is wonderful.

Kristine said...

When you get back from Galveston, I'll tell you about Bradyn's kindergarten experience...you'll feel so much better...maybe.