Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monkey Coffee

First, thanks so much to all of our friends who supported Clearly Vocal with our marathon day before Valentine's. To read John's full report, click here. For our first year to do our "Love Notes," I thought it went pretty well!

But on to the monkey coffee ...

When Kalleigh stumbled into the kitchen this morning and saw me drinking my coffee, she said, rubbing her eyes, "Can I puh-lease haf some monkey coffee?" Of course I knew exactly what she meant. We have a little mug that I think belonged to John as a child that has a monkey on it. She likes to drink coffee (1/4 coffee, 3/4 milk, one pkg sweetener) out of the monkey mug, and it has come to be known in our house as monkey coffee.

When Johnathan saw Kalleigh with her monkey coffee, he then asked for some monkey coffee, as well. He just thinks that's what we call the "special blend" that they drink. He didn't think twice about the fact that he wasn't even drinking out of the monkey mug!

Here's my little girl with her "monkey coffee."


6 comments:

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

What a precious pictures. She so reminds me of Kristi when she was little!

Brian says I like my cream and sugar with a little bit of coffee mixed in, so I think I'd be a fan of monkey coffee!

Rachel said...

That is precious! I think I would like monkey coffee as well. I either need a mocha or french vanilla creamer!

Anonymous said...

How precious. I just love inside "family" jokes like this. This will be something that Kaleigh will pass along to her children as well, I'm sure. As for me -- I'm afraid even 1/4 coffee would still taste like coffee. Yuck!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet. And yes, these are precious memories; and you are documenting them wonderfully. Love you. Mamaw

Anonymous said...

I believe that is called a cafe au lait at StarBucks -- only you have to pay $4.00 for it when you say it fancy like that. I think I prefer "monkey coffee" but I'd like to see the expression on the face of cool dude behind the StarBucks counter when she orders monkey coffee!

Good times!

Nicole said...

I need to remember that! Braedon is fascinated by my morning coffee. I'm just not so sure he could handle it in a mug yet. I have some cheap ones I might try.

I can't believe how big K is getting. I love blogstalking for that reason!