Thursday, February 12, 2009

Has it been that long?

It's already Thursday? My last post was a week and a half ago? Wow. We'll we're certainly having fun!

It's a mad dash to Valentine's Day with Clearly Vocal and Group Therapy. So far Group Therapy is ahead with a couple of gigs under our belts, but Clearly Vocal will win out after tomorrow. We have nearly 20 singing Valentines lined up with some others in the works. We decided to do them tomorrow when most people are still at work. We're singing for doctors, lawyers, policemen, teachers, widows and everyone in between! We show up with a card and a rose and sing a fabulous 5-part love song. We have ten to choose from, if they want to choose, or we'll just pick one. THIS is so fun.

So tonight Group Therapy sings at a retirement center and then we run over to the church building to sing for our "Pure Gold" group from the area churches. Tomorrow we start our singing Valentines at 8:30 in Hideaway (about a 40 min drive)!

Meanwhile, my poor children are being shuffled from one babysitter to the next! Thankfully, they think this is the best week ever, too, getting to play with so many friends. And we are SO grateful to our friends who are like family, the Deans, the Rambins and the Keeles! I do not know what we would do without our church family.

Meanwhile, Stefanie (CV soprano) and I are planning the 2009 Glenwood Ladies Retreat that is coming up the last weekend of February. We only have 15 available spots left, so if you're on the fence about whether to come or not, sign up! 'Cause when the spots are filled, they're filled! Katie Burnett, our Women's Minister who is going to be our featured speaker, has a passion for the women of the Bible, so Stef and I went with a "diamonds" theme. The title is "Diamonds In the Rough: Women of the Bible." It's a full weekend at the Lakeview Baptist Assembly and Conference Center in Lone Star, TX. But what I'm most excited about is my mom coming down to share her story with the ladies! She truly is a diamond in my life and with do such a good job!

Meanwhile, someone asked me to make a wooden personalized name wall hanging. Of course, I said 'yes,' but it's going to have to wait until next week. Then she told me that she wanted a different font for the letters, so I'll need to run around town to see if I can find something close to what she wants, which is just a little tricky with three children, but doable.

Praise God for having the opportunity to do so many things I love! What a ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it that you are getting to sing with these two groups. When we lived in TX, I got to sing "valentine-grams" two different years with our group "Heaven's Joy" - an all ladies (8 of us) singing group. We had so much fun!!

Your mom is going to do a wonderful job at the retreat. Wish I could hear her.

Anonymous said...

What a fun and very busy life! I'm glad the singing went so well!

Looking forward to the retreat!

XO