Thursday, December 11, 2008

Seeking Sanity

Glenwood is doing "Christmas at Uncle Phil's Diner" this year.

My to-do list is a mile long, mostly because I'm an incredibly good procrastinator.

Clearly Vocal is singing at a brunch today. Childcare for my children. Check.

Dress rehearsal is tonight. We have a small crowd coming to help us out. Dessert and coffee for them tonight. Check.

My house is a complete catastrophe and my sitter is coming over today. Well, she'll have to be understanding. Not-checked.

Errands after I pick up my kids--so I'll have all three in tow--include the Dollar Store, Kinko's, Wal-Mart and Goodwill. Checkable.

And about 20 stage-related items that really did have to be done at the last minute. Checkable, with some help.



I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video makes me laugh every time. Sorry to hear it is a reflection of the angst you are experiencing today! I wish I could be there to stay home with your children and help out some. Of course, we are operating at warp speed here as well. One more chorus of: "I'm OK. I'm OK. I'm OK!" Love you!

Anonymous said...

If you're OK, I'm OK...I'm OK...I'm OK

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love this video too. It's kind of the way I'm feeling this week too. Christmas musical with about 50 kids is Sunday night. Then I can breathe. Whew!

Rachel said...

I was moving along right on schedule this week... until Abby got sick with a nasty stomach bug. Explosions at all ends. It's cool--I didn't really need to get all of that other stuff done, anyway, right?? I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok... :)

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

I'll wear my Uncle Phil shirt to bed tonight, and think of you all:) Good memories:)