Monday, June 30, 2008

Preggo mind story

Something like this happens nearly everyday, so I thought I'd write one down so I don't forget it later.

I was in the kitchen starting to fold laundry when I though, "Boy, some music would be nice. I think I'll turn on Pandora."

So I headed over to the computer (less than 20 ft away) and sat down and saw the recipe I had just pulled up for supper before starting to fold the clothes. I had no idea why I had just sat down at the computer.

My mind wandered a bit and I decided to look up another recipe for dessert while I was there. I found one I liked and headed back into the kitchen to make sure I had all the ingredients.

After doing that I saw the pile of clothes and remembered that I was folding clothes and needed to finish the pile. I picked up a shirt and thought, "Boy, some music would be nice. I think I'll ... oh, good grief."

The rest of the story is that I have yet to turn on Pandora and am blogging about the whole deal instead.

"Boy, some music ......."

11 comments:

Deborah said...

This reminds me of the book by Laura Numeroff called, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"!!

Rachel said...

Love it...Lori Klein did tell me that you do get some of your brain cells back after your children are a little bit older. I am still waiting...

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

I think I remember doing things like that...hey wait, maybe it's not just during pregnancy...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! You need a rest at your momma's house!

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you--that's not just a preggo thing! :) Cute story!

Kristi Petrak said...

Wow, if YOU get that spacey during pregnancy, I should never get pregnant! Bryan won't know what to do with me...
...and I so love Deborah's comment

Stephanie said...

Yeah - it seems like our minds turn to mush when we're preggers. But it's not too much longer!

Gabbin' with Giff said...

My little girl is 5 months and I still do that! Does it ever go away?!

Britney said...

LOL! I freaked out driving down the highway the other day because I saw a truck in the lane next to me driving backwards going 65+ mph down the road. Before I could slam on the brakes and pull over to protect myself from this maniac, I realized he was driving just fine. What made me think he was going backwards - I was watching him from my rearview mirror, reflecting off of Emma's mirror in the backseat.Geez Louise!

Elizabeth said...

That's hysterical!! Way to embrace the moment and share it with your blog family!

Amanda said...

I love it. Isn't it strange the things pregnancy will do to your mind! I had many moments like that myself and still do occasionally. Can you still have pregnancy brain after the baby's born? I think we're entitled to it every once in a while.