Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

We made a quick trip to Searcy this past weekend for Spring Sing. John's sister, Laurie, and her daughter, Brenna, came up from Atlanta. It had been over a year since we'd seen them last! We stayed with John's mother, and so did they, so it was good to have some catch-up time with them.

The hosts and hostesses were fantastic, and perhaps I'm a little biased since Logan, my second cousin, was one of the hosts. He did an outstanding job!

We did get to eat one meal out at the farm. There were 14 people around the table including Mamaw and Papaw, Mom, Aunt Donna, Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kathy, Pat and Deborah's family and also our family. It was so good to be together, even if just for a short while! I wish I had remembered to take pictures of our lunch!

John and I hung out a little while at Mom's house after the show Friday night and got to spend some time with Kreg and Keleigh there, too.

The slide show below is from Easter Sunday as well as some pictures from Searcy, thanks to Laurie!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad you had a great time at Spring Sing! We had a local who was also a Spring Sing hostess - Haley Witt. She was also the wicked witch in the musical last year at homecoming.

Maybe one of these days we'll get back to a show!

Kristi Petrak said...

I'm so jealous. I would have loved to have been there. Glad you had fun! ^_^

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! It was great to see you for a few minutes this weekend! XO

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I love the one where Johnathan's mouth is as blue as his eyes! :) and Kalleigh is a miniature Kimberly! Love it! It was so fun getting to see you all out at the farm too. Hope to see you in July if not before.

Deborah said...

I loved those pictures. Those two kiddos of yours are just beautiful. It was so good to see you, even if for a short time.

Rachel said...

It sounds like we missed a big family dinner! Wish we could've seen everybody, but I'm glad you had a great time. :)

Gabbin' with Giff said...

I'm tagging you!
Here's how it works:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and leave a comment on their blog, so their readers can visit your blog. Leah tagged me! 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Share 7 Random facts about yourself. 4. Tag 7 random people at the bottom of your post, linking to their blog. Let each person know by leaving a comment on their blog.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you were able to go out to the family farm. Such a wonderful place! Your kids are lovely, Kalleigh really does look just like you. I wish we could get Hannah and Kalleigh together for a photo shoot and then compare the pics to ones of us as kids!

Actually, I'll be in Fort Worth later this month...

Tiffany Rose said...

very cute pictures! miss you guys!!