Sunday, September 16, 2007

We have a walker

She's definitely walking. Kalleigh has been standing up from the ground on her own (not just pulling up) since 9 months. She has been taking a few steps at a time for maybe a month now. But it's finally starting to click that this could be a more efficient mode of transportation. She is realizing that she can carry things around in her hands (rather than her mouth!) when she walks. And she's doing it more and more without encouragement.

This is early for us. Johnathan didn't walk until 14 months, and it was even after that that he learned to stand up from the ground on his own.

I think she's definitely trying to keep up with Johnathan!

I don't have video proof of the walking yet, but here's a picture of Kalleigh on the day she learned to stand (about 2 months ago):


Did you see that, Mommy?

She is up to 6 teeth; all four in the front and the ones just to her left on the top and bottom. She's a little lop-sided right now!

Tomorrow I'm watching our friend's little girl who is two weeks younger than Kalleigh. I should have some good pictures from that play day!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! 9 months is early to walk! Hayley started walking at 16 months. Now they can chase each other around the house - I'm sure you're looking forward to it! Hee hee!

She's a doll!

Amanda said...

I am feeling alot better then I did with Hailey. I think it is because I can control when and what I eat alot better now that I am not working.

Kristi Petrak said...

Precious little girl!!! Tell her Aunt Kristi is proud of her! Love y'all!!!!!! ^_^
Oh, and just where does Kalleigh get that competitive streak...
"I just picture somebody running behind me and I run faster and faster and faster!!!!" little Kimberly...^_^

Daisha said...

An early walker... I know the feeling. Gideon started walking at 9 mon. Do you think "New'by" will walk even sooner to keep up with Gideon?

She is adorable!

-Daisha

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture! I need to hold that baby girl!

Deborah said...

She is such a doll!

Way to go, Kalleigh!

Watch out, Mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy! You'll really have your hands full now, Kimberly. She is precious, though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy! You'll really have your hands full now, Kimberly. She is precious, though.

Tiffany Rose said...

she is such a cutie! :) I love that I finally got to meet both your kids this summer.... I feel more connected now! ha ha..... looks like she may be the one to break your records at the academy, wouldn't THAT be cool?!?!?