Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Goofy baby


I haven't given a whole lot of time on my blog for big baby Jonas, so this one is all about him.

He will be 7 months tomorrow. He can sit up on his own until he gets excited, and then he just falls right over. He never did roll over. I guess he just never really felt compelled! But he does some awesome baby push-ups!

No teeth, no crawling (thank goodness!) and therefore no pulling up. Kalleigh started crawling at 6 1/2 months, but Johnathan waited until 9. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll wait until 10 months to crawl. I'm not ready to baby proof again just yet. Kalleigh was walking at 10 months, and that was awful! No, it was wonderful, of course, but I'd be thrilled for Jonas to wait, like Johnathan, until around 14 months!

He's truly a laid-back child and enjoys watching his older two siblings play, as all younger children do. Johnathan is the ultimate funny man and can make Jonas laugh so hard!


It's probably time to introduce the sippy cup. I just forget.

His syllables he repeats are "babababa" and "dadadada" with the occasional sad "mamamama."

He loves the jumpy seat we borrowed from Reagan. (Thanks!) He's outgrown his swing, though it's still in the living room. I should move that. :)

And one of my favorite things is that he sings himself to sleep. I just love that boy!

--Proud Momma

9 comments:

LePage Family said...

I am glad he likes the jumper!! Lukas LIVED in that thing and Logan cried everytime I put him in it. Ya can't please them all.
Sings himself to sleep, huh? I wonder where he gets that from? With any luck he will be blessed with a beautiful singing voice just like his mama and dada have been!

Anonymous said...

I love that he sings himself to sleep! It was GREAT to hear him laughing today!

Rachel said...

He is so stinking cute!!

Rachel said...

He is a cutie!

Deborah said...

So cute. I'm praying for Daniel to be a laid-back baby too. The nurses in the hospital said he was so calm and laid-back--maybe it will last??

I think I'll also put my order in for a late crawler/walker as well. I haven't baby-proofed in a long time!

Jina Hinson said...

Levi spent all our dinnertimes from 5-9 months of age in the jumper! He would bounce so hard that we had gouged-out places above the door facing.... not good! But he was HAPPY!!!

Jonas is so cute! Thanks for letting us get to know him!

Wish you lived closer...would be such fun to be around you and your fam! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

How precious! Thanks for sharing his "latest"! Wish we could see you all!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love how with our thirds we just forget things. I'm with you on the postponing crawling/walking for as long as possible. That adds a whole new element of stress when you already have two others to take care of.

Anonymous said...

Sweet little Jonas. Man, they grow up so quickly! I know you are enjoying these days, but may I reiterate...enjoy these days!