Monday, February 18, 2008

Out of the blue thankfulness

Every Monday morning I do my habitual act of erasing the previous week on our family wipe-board calendar and adding a new week. As I looked at the schedule for this week I realized that four out of the seven days this week, our evenings are free!! I do not intend to fill those evenings, but rather protect them. This means I will be cooking dinner for the first time in a while! The only reason I might be willing to compromise one evening is if John and I decide to go on a date ... not a singing gig, mind you. A real date.

So, I am thankful for free evenings and being able to cook dinner this week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, protect those evenings! I'm always amazed when we find evenings that we don't have to go back out. Enjoy your family this week!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your family time together! I know you have been running at a pretty fast pace lately, so soak up this time together! XO

Kristi Petrak said...

Way cool! I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband and kiddos. Cherish those times, especially as the more things you add to your schedule, the more you have to rely on pictures to see your hubby! (Unless of course you have the foresight to decide to do them together...)

Rachel said...

I hope you enjoy your family time this week!! What a blessing it is to be able to gather around the dinner table together as a family! Enjoy!!!