Monday, July 31, 2006

Keeping up

There are many things that we try to keep up with everyday, whether or not we should. We keep up the laundry, keep up our house, keep up with the kid(s), keep up with the Joneses, keep up the yard, keep up with work ... the list goes on and on! But for once, I'm going to try to keep up with our everyday life.

"Everybody's doing it!" people kept telling me. "It's a great way to let everyone see pictures of the kids!" So, hello, 21st century and the blog world; the Hodges family has finally arrived. Be patient with me as I try to figure it all out and post pictures and such! I do think that putting my thoughts into words with be a good way to process everyday life. Not that too many people would really care about what Kim Hodges has to say or think, but perhaps my ever-forgiving family will find some things humerous or be able to give some advice through life's adventures.

So, why do I feel like this is such a big deal? Why hesitate to jump into this world of blogging? Insecurity? Fear of not finishing what I started--I mean, do we now blog the rest of our lives since embarking on this journey? Lack of commitment? I suppose all of these questions bouncing around in my head will be dealt with in time. (Now is that just another way of saying, "I'll think about that tomorrow?")

Then I start thinking that blogs have the same concept as Seinfeld. You know, the show about nothing. Perhaps it is in the "nothingness" of each day that I find satisfaction and fulfillment. I love being a mother and wife, even with all of the challenges that come with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you finally conformed into the world of blogging eh? Which isnt all bad, it actually probably isnt bad at all but heck, Im glad you joined now i can know what all happens in your busy life down there in Tyler. Well to catch you up on me. Im in Tennesee visiting family and from here we head to Alabama to visit more family. We have been on the road for about a week and will return home around the 8th of August. Its hot and humid ALL THE TIME. but i like it...i went fishing for catfish yesterday and BOY am i rusty. oh well just means more bonding time for me and my father when i get home. He cried when we left this time, first time i have ever seen him cry before that i can remember...very touching.
Last night at around 10 pm here so 8 pm in Colorado you figure out what time it was at your place... i got my ears pierced. not by a gun or professional either. my 20 year old cousin took a gaged hollow needle and stuck it thru both ears hee hee its awesome...at least i think so! you do know what gaged earrings are right? if not then a short explanation: the size of earring that a normal piercing does is a size 20 and the smaller number you have the bigger the piercing becomes...my cousin pierced my ear with a size 15 gaged needle and stuck a slightly smaller size 16 earring thru...so my earring is two sizes larger than yours is starting out and i would like to go up to a size 12 or 10. not to ake a permanent hole in my ear but to make the earrings just a little bigger and more noticeable.
Well thats all the news i have from my side, hope everything is going well for you Coach.
miss and love you,
Lindsey